Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front end shakes on acceleration only at low speeds. If I back off the gas the shaking backs off, If i lift off the gas totally then the vibes stop too. There is no shakes at steady speeds or decel.

I replaced front struts and rear shocks. I also installed a 1.5-2" lift on the front. This was a sport model so the quick struts probably lifted it 1".

I am thinking the standard springs and lift added 3" of lift. Could my front CV's have been grooved in to the sport height and cant suffer the lift?

Thanks R4W!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I experimented and tried accelerating in 4x4 and it doesnt shake when I do that. Is this CVs, Driveshaft U joint or something else?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Difficult to guess without checking the front end by a mechanic.

I had a similar problem but not exactly the same and i don't know if that helps: I've got vibrations on acceleration at low speeds when tha car was cold. Vibrations gone after replacing the front right engine mount.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Did you get an alignment after lifting the vehicle. SOP when lifting Jeeps. The "caster" changes when you lift a vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front end wise the passenger side inner tie rod is shot. The driver's lower arm is also crusting at the bushings.
I also have not had an alignment.

I appreciate the help so far. Thanks! Let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Front end wise the passenger side inner tie rod is shot. The driver's lower arm is also crusting at the bushings.
I also have not had an alignment.

I appreciate the help so far. Thanks! Let me know.
Had similar issue's with a ReadyLIFT 2" kit.

My 2019 RAV4 would vibrate in 2nd and 3rd gear and would feel upon heavy acceleration.

1 month after Installation I removed the lift kit and had no issues. I have e-mailed ReadyLift and I'm awaiting their response. Hope this feed back helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts