Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am curious on your 2016 RAV if you ever notice when you turn after you have your car in park, put it in drive, and make a hard turn, do you hear a popping noise?

And when I stop and when I go it's like you can hear a whining/squeak noise, it's really weird. I am deciding whether to take it in to get it checked out.

I only have 1500 on this car

·
Registered
551 Posts
So I am curious on your 2016 RAV if you ever notice when you turn after you have your car in park, put it in drive, and make a hard turn, do you hear a popping noise?

And when I stop and when I go it's like you can hear a whining/squeak noise, it's really weird. I am deciding whether to take it in to get it checked out.

I only have 1500 on this car
When I go over high bumps / low dips, the shocks squeek loudly when they contract/expand.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines always on flat roads, accelerate slowly or stop slowly there is a noticeable whining, and after parking and then turning for the first time there is a loud pop. It's rather annoying. No shock squeak thank god

·
Registered
246 Posts
When I go over high bumps / low dips, the shocks squeek loudly when they contract/expand.
I would say that COULD be a sway bar frame to bar pivot point squeak. Unbolt bushing, slide over, grease with a moly water proof grease, and reinstall.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
So If I purchase the jack and the jack stand as well as the grease, $24.97+$24.24 + $4.97 (lithium grease) = $54.18
So If I DIY, total will be $54.18 + Unforeseen Costs (+$5.42) = $59.60

Round up to $60 plus 2-4 hours of my own labor.
Would a mechanic charge > $60 to do this?

The job is a to .75 to 1 hr for you your first time. They will charge you .5 to .75 at $120 hr plus shop supplies and hazmed fee. I myself would use a moly based grease, you can get it anywhere. Any black looking "Ford speced " bearing grease is also a moly based grease.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts