Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10-4-17 I bought my 2016 RAV4 Hybrid in Tennessee, where no front license plate is required.

It is required here in Texas. I was issued the front plate. What is the procedure for finding the holes for the front bumper cover? Are there any holes in the bracing behind it?

Thanks,
archiveman2977

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you look carefully on the bumper cover there small indentations which is where you would predrill. The plastic is thicker in the indented areas to hold a screw firmly. You will need the mounting bracket to mount to the bumper cover.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can always popped that little cover for the front tow hook and buy the front license bracket mount like this one [amazon link] but make sure you get the right thread size. I believe if you currently don't have holes on your bumper, you should keep it that way instead of drilling holes.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
You can always popped that little cover for the front tow hook and buy the front license bracket mount like this one [amazon link] but make sure you get the right thread size. I believe if you currently don't have holes on your bumper, you should keep it that way instead of drilling holes.
FYI, the tow hook threads are M20-2.0. A lot of the reviews for that plate holder from Amazon indicate that it works great for a couple of months then the plate keeps getting loose and moves around.

·
Registered
28 Posts
10-4-17 I bought my 2016 RAV4 Hybrid in Tennessee, where no front license plate is required.

It is required here in Texas. I was issued the front plate. What is the procedure for finding the holes for the front bumper cover? Are there any holes in the bracing behind it?

Thanks,
archiveman2977
If you need the bracket and screws I have one you can have. Still in packaging (2018). I was going to toss it. PM me and I'll glady send it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
11-14-17
Hi and thanks for your offer for the license plate frame.

We have the 2016 electric blue Limited Hybrid. After 20K miles, we average 32.4 MPG. Plus, its a Toyota, so we should be set, reliability-wise. Our 4th hybrid since 2006.

Thanks again,

Allen B. Simons

·
Registered
28 Posts
11-14-17
Hi and thanks for your offer for the license plate frame.

We have the 2016 electric blue Limited Hybrid. After 20K miles, we average 32.4 MPG. Plus, its a Toyota, so we should be set, reliability-wise. Our 4th hybrid since 2006.

Thanks again,

Allen B. Simons
I'll send it off tomorrow or Thurs. Go ahead and delete your address I got it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
11-21-17
Hi, and thanks.

I received your package Saturday, 11-18-17.

I am mailing a thank you for your kind offer.

Thanks,
Allen,
archiveman2977

·
Registered
208 Posts
Those mounts look worse then the OEM bracket for the front plate. :surprise

·
Registered
48 Posts
11-21-17
Hi, and thanks.

I received your package Saturday, 11-18-17.

I am mailing a thank you for your kind offer.

Thanks,
Allen,
archiveman2977
When I had mine in May, my dealership had to drill 2 holes to mount the front plate. You can ask them to mount it for you if they can do it for free....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts