Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota Australia sells these OEM bars but I cannot find another source that is closer for shipping. Anyone know if I can get these bars from somewhere in North America?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd be really careful about moving forward with the nudge bar ... especially an aftermarket one. Most everything I've read is about how the vehicle with the nudge bar has to replace the front clip, radiator etc. after making contact as the nudge bars have a tendency to simply fold up into the front of the vehicle. Don't know about the OEM one though as it seems lower to the ground.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
+1 one on that, there's no substantial frame on the Rav4, so any contact on the bull bar pushes it back into the fragile parts behind it which ends up causing more damage than without it, they're a damage multiplier without solid body-on-frame structural mounting surfaces.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Toyota Australia sells these OEM bars but I cannot find another source that is closer for shipping. Anyone know if I can get these bars from somewhere in North America?

These don't work with any RAV4s with the bumper sensors. I'm guessing that the close proximity gives false sensor readings. So be aware of that before ordering any nudge/bull guards.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The ausies get all the cool accessories. It's the same with Subaru...I got a set of nice polycarbonate headlight cover for our Outback from Australia. Toyota of Australia has them for the RAV too...I am trying to get a set of these for our rav

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put a Rhino on my wife's 14, it's mostly just for looks but its strong enough for me to sit on "did only for testing purposes." There's no doubt it will destroy smaller critters / coyotes and brush but i'd never expect it to stand up to a deer.

I've contemplated putting something on my 16, but I'm not sure how good it would look with the bumper changes. The one in the picture here is nice though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a Rhino on my wife's 14, it's mostly just for looks but its strong enough for me to sit on "did only for testing purposes." There's no doubt it will destroy smaller critters / coyotes and brush but i'd never expect it to stand up to a deer.

I've contemplated putting something on my 16, but I'm not sure how good it would look with the bumper changes. The one in the picture here is nice though.
What brand bar did you get for your wife's 14?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts