Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone:

I am extremly green when it comes to do-it-yourself fixing, but am in urgent need of replacing the lens housing on my 99 RAV4. The entire thick plastic housing was smashed by something flying up off the highway, and now its vehicle inspection time.

I found these part numbers and am hoping this is the only part I need. Maybe they would help in someone knowing where some sort of online guide would be.

Item Number: 312-1141R-AS
OEM Number: 81110-42090
Partslink Number: TO2503125

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :D

Are you trying to replace your headlights or the front turn signals, or both?

Both are fairly easy to remove and replace. I can help you with that on this forum. I am not too sure about the part #'s, but if you are going to replace the headlights, it comes as a single piece. You cannot just replace the glass or plastic housing.

You should try looking on eBay for some affordable headlights, much cheaper than getting them from the dealer. Just make sure that there are no broken parts (i.e. retaining tabs broken or missing.). Also, be sure that you get the right year headlight as well. There are 2 styles of headlights for our years of RAV. There is the earlier '96 - '97 style and the '98 - '00 style headlights.

As for removing and replacing them, just let me know when you are planning on doing this; and I can give you some detailed instructions. It is very simple to do; I've done this so many times that I can now do it blindfolded. :lol:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
81110-42090 is the right part number for a 1998-2000 passenger side headlight. The lens is glass. I second the ebay suggestion, these seem to come up relatively often. Alternatively, they're available through third-party parts outlets online, looks like the going rate is in the US$100 range. Once you have the headlight assembly, looks like Derek is all the help you need in getting it changed out!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys rule! Thanks so much. I actually found an auction for an OEM light on eBay thanks to the suggestion. I should be ready to replace in a few days!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts