Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2019 Rav4 Hybrid Limited in April of 2019 and noticed this noisy about 6 months of ownership.
Its a creaking, Grinding sound when reclining the power seat.

They replaced the seat motor for the issue.

Then it returned about 12 months later..

I dropped it off for the 20,000 mile service and complained about the issue again.

The SA said the tech found this TSB and ordered the grease. It took 3 days for the grease to arrive and it was $300 ( under warranty )
The seat is now very smooth and noise free.

An aside, the loaner was a 2021 Rav4 Limited in gas. Its seat was even more noisier than mine was!!!
I showed the SA, He is ordering more grease....
:):)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I find it interesting that they include my WMI prefix of JTM and my VDS of N1RFV in the table on page 1 but no JTM's are listed in the RAV4 table on page 2. So is my 2019 affected or not? So far there is no noise so I guess that's good.

Thanks for the post and the TSB.

·
Registered
2019 XSE
1,353 Posts
I got my 2019 Rav4 Hybrid Limited in April of 2019 and noticed this noisy about 6 months of ownership.
Its a creaking, Grinding sound when reclining the power seat.

They replaced the seat motor for the issue.

Then it returned about 12 months later..

I dropped it off for the 20,000 mile service and complained about the issue again.

The SA said the tech found this TSB and ordered the grease. It took 3 days for the grease to arrive and it was $300 ( under warranty )
The seat is now very smooth and noise free.

An aside, the loaner was a 2021 Rav4 Limited in gas. Its seat was even more noisier than mine was!!!
I showed the SA, He is ordering more grease....
:):)
Thanks for the information. I just reclined my seat and heard a groaning noise. It is quiet when I am not sitting in the seat while I hit the recline button. It just makes noise when I am sitting in the seat and hit recline. Was yours the same?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I heard replacing the whole seat is the real resolution and grease is only temporary. This comes from the famous youtuber - The Car Care Nut.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I heard replacing the whole seat is the real resolution and grease is only temporary. This comes from the famous youtuber - The Car Care Nut.
The Car Nut Guy says that the motor is not available separate so the part of the seat that holds the motor needs to be replaced. I don't believe he means the whole seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts