Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rav has been in the dealership many times, and they still havent fixed the "rattleS" on the front suspension. They have already replaced the front and rear shock absorbers, the noise has been minimized but its still not as quiet as my other cars, there is just so much noise when going over concrete roads which have started to thin out.

the car doesnt feel as solid as when it was new, as if the bushings, links are already worn out. anyone already replaced theirs???????

B

·
0 Posts
rattle

A lot of severe front end rattles come from the steering rack. If the end bushes that carry the rack are not a perfect fit, when the front wheel puts force against the tie rod it pushes the rack around in the slight slack.

You should be able to check for this by grabbing the tie rod at the steering rack end and push it up and down. If there is any significant movement, it is probably the source a severe rattle when hitting bumps.

Brian

E

·
0 Posts
bruno said:
my RAV has been in the dealership many times, and they still havent fixed the "rattleS" on the front suspension. They have already replaced the front and rear shock absorbers, the noise has been minimized but its still not as quiet as my other cars, there is just so much noise when going over concrete roads which have started to thin out.

the car doesnt feel as solid as when it was new, as if the bushings, links are already worn out. anyone already replaced theirs???????
Bruno,

Same problem here. Please let me know which "casa" can fix yours. I am in Manila.

brian,
i will check it out. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts