Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I went to change out my front struts, and noticed the sway bar-to-frame bushings are totally worn out. The sway bar is actually rattling in its braces. We live 2 miles from the nearest pavement, so it's hard on our suspension.

I'm going to replace it, but I'm wondering if there is some kind of upgrade available ... something like a poly bushing that will last longer?

Any suggestions?

Also, where do you guys buy RAV4 parts online? Is there an online shop that deals with RAV4 stuff for people who want to beef up and modify their vehicle for off-roading?

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I usually order parts from eBay or rockauto. I actually just ordered sway bar links from eBay and am waiting on the bushings from rockauto

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply ... did you order the MOOG K201279 bushings from Rock Auto? I was looking at those also. They are probably normal rubber bushings.

I can't find anything online about poly bushings for our rigs.

I do a lot of customizing/modifying/beefing up of my Jeep Cherokee for off-road. Is there an online community of people doing that with their RAV4s?

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
No i ordered the Mevotech MS86852/MS86853. I haven't had much luck finding poly bushings either.
As far as off road support goes i haven't seen much for the rav's. There's a couple options for smaller lift kits (2" and under) but that's about all I've come across

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
that part for maximum longevity is dealer only, I've tried MOOG and Mevo's they did not last on many different yotas over the years(avys,camry and now my rav) went and got from local dealer, they seem to hold up better. the MOOG only lasted about a year.

now i get my parts from online toyota dealership from VA at half the cost of any dealer in my area.

Toyota Online Parts | toyotaonlineparts.com | Toyota Parts Online

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the MOOG only lasted about a year.

now i get my parts from online toyota dealership from VA at half the cost of any dealer in my area.

Toyota Online Parts | toyotaonlineparts.com | Toyota Parts Online
Thanks for the reply. It seems that Moog is going downhill these days. They used to be the gold standard of aftermarket suspension parts, but they've been sold several times, and have started selling Chinese stuff with their name on it.

And thanks for the link to the online dealer. Where I live, we only have 1 Toyota dealer in town, and they charge about 40% *over* the MSR list price. A lot of these dealers who sell online will charge 20-30% under MSR.

I guess I'll just order some Toyota bushings.

Best of luck to everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts