Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 rav4 limited awd 4 banger, when the rav was in for a minor recall couple months back - dealer advised I had a left side front axle leak that should be replaced in the near future but while I was replacing an o2 sensor this weekend I notice the transfer case was also leaking some golden oil.. I cleaned everything off and rechecked a couple days later and it looks like the gear oil is coming out the breather. I have heard that if a seal is blown between tranny and transfer that tranny fluid will get into transfer case but at this point the leak seems to be gold not a mix of red/gold. Has anyone had a similar issue - could the breather just be stuck open? Thanks

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have a 2006 rav4 limited awd 4 banger, when the rav was in for a minor recall couple months back - dealer advised I had a left side front axle leak that should be replaced in the near future but while I was replacing an o2 sensor this weekend I notice the transfer case was also leaking some golden oil.. I cleaned everything off and rechecked a couple days later and it looks like the gear oil is coming out the breather. I have heard that if a seal is blown between tranny and transfer that tranny fluid will get into transfer case but at this point the leak seems to be gold not a mix of red/gold. Has anyone had a similar issue - could the breather just be stuck open? Thanks
Could it be overfilled?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts