Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed their wiper blades, especially the right one, sitting too high? Originally I thought it was a bit high when I first got my RAV4, but I looked at another one and mine was only a bit higher. Now that I have used the wipers a few times it seems even higher. I can see the rubber edge of the right wiper sitting across the corner of the windshield. This obviously isn't going to help the wiper defroster do it's work if the blade isn't positioned properly. I'll let the dealership adjust it next time I am there.

The upper glove box sometimes tries to open, but sticks half way. The dealership said there was a bulletin on this problem and that a stronger spring is required. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Of course the dealership said they would fix it, but they didn't.

Finally, I just hate having stickers put on my cars. None were on the car during delivery which was as I requested. When I had to drop it off for a day the next week they must have stuck one on because I just noticed it tonight. There's also another one in the window. Hopefully they have my all weather mats in tomorrow and I'll get them to remove their stickers. It's a pet peeve....

Rob

·
Registered
880 Posts
The end of the wiper on my 99 doesn't sit flat ont he windshield int he park position, if that's what you are referring to. I would have to use a shorter than stock wiper if I wanted it to sit flat. If you think the wiper arm is not returning down as far as it should, that's possible. You can position it any way you want by taking the nut off and pulling the arm off and lining it up with a different spline ont he shaft from the wiper motor.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The operation of my upper glove box seems to be affected by cold, too. It's OK most of the time and I'll probably leave it 'as is' rather than let the dealer work with it and maybe end up worse off than before.

·
Registered
346 Posts
RobG said:
Has anyone else noticed their wiper blades, especially the right one, sitting too high? Originally I thought it was a bit high when I first got my RAV4, but I looked at another one and mine was only a bit higher.
It's normal.

http://rav4world.com/tsb/2006/BO021-06.pdf

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
On the Canadian model you can tell where the blades are supposed to be because of the windshield defroster grid. There was a post a while back from someone whose passenger wiper wasn't parking on the defroster - his dealer was able to adjust it.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
my wiper also looks a little high, though it doesnt bother me so i havnt said anything..........the upper glove box is a diffrent story.......they had to give me a rental car due to ordering the glovebox in the wrong color 3 times..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts