Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've experienced my fuel cap not clicking when I go to close the cap after refueling. The check engine light is not on nor do I smell any fuel leaking from the car. Why don't I hear the click anymore? Will a new cap solve this problem? This is on the 2009 Rav4.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Will a new cap solve this problem? This is on the 2009 Rav4.
Thanks
Very likely a new cap will solve the problem. Click sound function on old cap probably worn out from use.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I think I'll be ordering a new cap soon. Thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yea, I think I'll be ordering a new cap soon. Thanks
Purchase an OEM Toyota fuel cap. Aftermarket are junk.

I have repaired many EVAP codes by installing an OEM fuel cap. From time to time I will get a car in with an EVAP leak code, and find an aftermarket fuel cap that is brand new. Sometimes the customer will say they left the original cap on the pump, and went to the Danger Zone and bought a new one. Therein they introduced a problem, a leak code, when the system was fine before.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Purchase an OEM Toyota fuel cap. Aftermarket are junk.

I have repaired many EVAP codes by installing an OEM fuel cap. From time to time I will get a car in with an EVAP leak code, and find an aftermarket fuel cap that is brand new. Sometimes the customer will say they left the original cap on the pump, and went to the Danger Zone and bought a new one. Therein they introduced a problem, a leak code, when the system was fine before.
Couldn't agree more. Same problem with my wife's Camry. Got the evap code, bought a cap at the local auto supply place and didn't help. I was ready to dive into the evap system when someone suggested I get a Toyota cap. I did and it's been fixed ever since.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely agree with you on this one. I ordered Toyota oem from Amazon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts