Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a call from a director of my local service department that new parts (fuel tank, fuel sending unit etc...) came in and I can schedule an appointment to replace it. Yes they are the new design parts, not the swap for the old ones. I don't have the car anymore but they had me on file for a while to have this replaced and I was one of the first with this issue. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good to know! Then it sounds like this is still being rolled out across other dealerships then, since mine hasn't gotten it.

Update:
Took car to dealership, they're aware of the issue but no repair available yet :(
Seems like there's some disconnect between the dealers and the national support line. They implied that it's coming soon, but who knows... They mentioned they're prioritizing the fuel pump recalls.

Had to get my service done anyway, so wasn't a total waste of time.

Will share more updates here if I have any.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When was that? He said they received parts this morning.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be that parts en route and depending on where you are located may arrive later. I should have asked what's the part number for those new parts.

Reactions: twinpenney

·
Registered
2019 XSE
860 Posts
Hopefully its just not that they are slow at the dealership and they are calling people who complained about the fuel tank issue in the past, and now will replace with "new parts" that are actually last years parts with new part numbers.

Hopefully someone can post pictures of the new design.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I specifically asked him if these were new parts and not the swap. Also, in an other thread a few folks stated that they were given October timeframe for the new fix so getting this call now certainly looks like real deal for new parts. We shall see next week if more reports come in.

Reactions: twinpenney

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 Limited Hybrid
49 Posts
But now we got a damn fuel pump recall too lol
Say whaaa!?! I've been off the forums for 3 weeks and now there's a fuel pump recall! Haha. Well at least they are willing to recall it. Hyundai would just tell their owners "well, :poop: and 🔥 happens"...

·
Registered
312 Posts
don't know where the 3000 plus entry thread is on this problem but they have had it since the introduction of the new model in 2019.
They are really dragging there feat on this one?

·
Registered
49 Posts
don't know where the 3000 plus entry thread is on this problem but they have had it since the introduction of the new model in 2019.
They are really dragging there feat on this one?
If you're talking about the fuel filling issue, I don't think they are dragging their feet as much as realizing that having to find, produce, and distribute a fix for over 500,000 units sold annually is a huge logistical challenge in the best of times, even harder when there's a pandemic globally.

Also, it's a good reason not to buy a brand new model in it's first two-three years 😜

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 XSE Hybrid
4 Posts
Strange. I just emailed Toyota yesterday about the fuel tank issue and this was their response. No mention of a fix.
IMG_0056.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Strange. I just emailed Toyota yesterday about the fuel tank issue and this was their response. No mention of a fix.
View attachment 158531
I mean, it does. They will send you a letter via USPS when the fix is available for you. Which means it's probably just not available at your specific dealer yet... remember this is probably over a million vehicles that need to be fixed, and it's not going to happen in a week. So just be patient and ready to call that dealer when you get that letter in the mail (and make sure your address is up to date!)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is the recall for the 2019-2020 Rav4 Hybrid or just the gas models because my 2019 hybrid doesn't show a recall for the fuel pump.
According to Autoblog, It's not the RAV4 Hybrid specifically. However, since I'm assuming they use the same fuel pump, I can guess it will be the Hybrids as well (Looking over all the models listed, none say "hybrid" so maybe Toyota lists the Hybrid as a 'trim level' to the RAV4...)

You apparently can call Toyota Brand Experience Center +1 (800) 331-4331 to check...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tried to get more info from parts department. They oddly said they "are not giving out the part numbers because of their policy", but they did say it's a new part number for the fuel tank then the one I had before

1 - 20 of 461 Posts