What was your average DTE for the last 8 fill ups?Update Time!
I took my 2020 RAV4 hybrid cross country this weekend from California to New York. As some of you may recall I had the fix applied last Monday with all three parts replaced. I can confirm the fix is working as intended after 8 fill ups.
As for the drive the car performed fantastic. The majority of the speed limits in the middle of the country are rather high so the bulk of the trip was done on cruise control at 83mph, the average MPG ended up being 36.0 which I'm happy with at those speeds going through the mountains etc. No lack of power on the hills no other major issues.
- First two stops did not align with the low fuel light for completely accurate measurements but could instantly see the difference. At 1/4 tank the car was taking 9 gallons (previous maximum fill at low fuel light) and read well past full.
- Third stop aligned well, the low fuel light came on at 28 miles DTE (same as before the fix for me), was able to stop at a gas station at 26 miles DTE. Car took 11.5 gallons first click, did not bother to top off, from experience I'm sure I could've squeezed that extra in to make it 12.3 (14.5 total) but no need to mess with a good thing. Tank read well past full.
- Fourth and fifth similar to first and second stop a little over 9 gallons around 1/4 tank mark. Tank read well past full.
- 6th stop - 12 gallons about 20 miles past the fuel light. Tank read well past full.
- 7th and 8th around 1/4 tank 9 and 9.5 gallons, to be honest I stopped caring at this point because you could just tell it was working. Like every other car I've owned before this a quick glance at the gas gauge and a quick glance at the pump is all you need and you can tell its filling just about right. No need to micro manage the numbers when they line up so close without trying. If I start to notice any drift I'll update but it looks like Toyota finally nailed this one.
Good luck out there fighting Toyota to fix their defective product but if you can get them to do it you be happy!
My first DTE was 414 miles after my dealer changed the 3 parts and they filled it up; my total average MPG is around 37-38.
I will wait and see what is my 2nd fill up looks like.