Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi , I'm new here and old to rav4, i have a 2004 rav4 with 160K miles on it, my question is, is it necessary to change the fuel filter inside the fuel tank? , i noticed that when i step on the gas it takes about 1-3 seconds before i hear the engine then car accelerates. what could be the fault? clogged fuel filter?? or dirty intake? pls, i need some enlightenment....thank you--Bob

,,,and also, do you guys know of anyone or any company who sells brand new 2004 rav4 engines with transmission? sort of a drop in engine.?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pull your MAF from the intake and clean it... I'm sure the hot wire inside is dirty! It has to be cleaned ''regularly''.

Reactions: rooftop

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sir what is a MAF???? Is it something that needs to be replaced or just clean? Any pics... thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
A MAF sensor tells the engine control unit how much air is entering the engine... to know the correct amount of fuel that is needed (in accordance with other sensors). It is fixed to the air filter box with 2 small phillips screws. It becomes dirty and sends the ECU an innacurate signal. You can take it off ans clean it easily with a spray product like brake cleaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts