Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2000 Toyota Rav4 and I have been trying to get my fuel filter on for hours now and can't seem to get it tight enough for it to stop leaking. Is there a trick to it or is there anyway that I got the wrong filter? It looks just like my old one. Also would fixing the fuel filter even fix the problem. I was heading home from college and at first it was running fine, but then at a stop light it started to idle really rough and then when I went to take off it felt like I wasn't getting enough gas and acted like it didn't want to go but still did, till thankfully when I got home. I just want her running again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So I have a 2000 Toyota Rav4 and I have been trying to get my fuel filter on for hours now and can't seem to get it tight enough for it to stop leaking. Is there a trick to it or is there anyway that I got the wrong filter? It looks just like my old one. Also would fixing the fuel filter even fix the problem. I was heading home from college and at first it was running fine, but then at a stop light it started to idle really rough and then when I went to take off it felt like I wasn't getting enough gas and acted like it didn't want to go but still did, till thankfully when I got home. I just want her running again.
can you take photos of the fuel filter location including the part number? pls.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Is it leaking at the bottom (inlet) or top (outlet)?

If it is leaking at the inlet, then over tightening the flare nut will not correct a deformed flare.

If it is leaking from the outlet, make sure the sealing washers are there on both sides of the banjo bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding, I did indeed figure it out. My filter had come with a tiny washer that I thought I would need but it was the reason for the leak. Took it out and everything is good now and she is running great. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts