Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in Canada received any official communication either acknowledging the issue or promising a fix?

I brought up the problem with our service manager a year ago and watched him make a note on our file. Since then, nothing. I get a letter from Sirius every month trying to convince me to pay for their service (which suggests Toyota put in the right address) but I'm pretty sure I've never received anything from them about the fuel Issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nothing yet in the Interior of BC. Previously I’ve sent a related email to ToyCanada and brought the issue up with my dealership.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has there been any pattern to this issue in Canada? Or, is this as random a problem as elsewhere?
Not sure about patterns. There are far fewer Canadians than Americans on this forum, which makes it even harder to figure this stuff out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were about 4 months behind on getting these repairs done. When my DTE is at ~20 I can only put in like 35L before the automatic shut-off, but if I baby it a bit I can get 40-45L (which still isn't "full" based on the tank size and reserve). I got the car for fuel efficiency, not range, and my primary concern is owning a car with a known flaw, which hurts resale/trade-in value.

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
1,233 Posts
Look in the htread "Thank You Toyota" as at least one Canadian has had the fix unless he is a snowbird and bought a US car.m Worth asking him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look in the htread "Thank You Toyota" as at least one Canadian has had the fix unless he is a snowbird and bought a US car.m Worth asking him.
Missed that, thanks! Would still love to keep this thread to share Canada-specific info.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When my DTE 60 km, I can fill 38.8 L after first click. All time shows above F. However my DTE maximum 750-795 KM.
I never fill or add more after first click.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When my DTE 60 km, I can fill 38.8 L after first click. All time shows above F. However my DTE maximum 750-795 KM.
I never fill or add more after first click.
That's pretty close to my experience. That's a problem, I believe.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's pretty close to my experience. That's a problem, I believe.
The cut off for USA Toyota to confirm the problem, tank fills 9.8 gallons after first click. 9.8 gallons equal to 37.097 litres. So far Toyota consider my vehicle doesn’t have the problem. However, I do believe my car might have the problem of DTE calculations. Mine 2020 RAV4 hybrid build Nov. 2019

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited
35 Posts
An agent from Toyota Canada told me they were aware of the issue but there was no resolution on it at this moment.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Darn, I was really hoping to be able to get my fuel tank fixed when I go in for my oil change
My guess is that any tank replacements are not going to happen in Canada for quite a while. The lesson learned from the US experience is to document the problem, have it noted in the dealership files, and keep on your dealership about this. Toyota is not going to come to me to offer to replace it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My guess is that any tank replacements are not going to happen in Canada for quite a while. The lesson learned from the US experience is to document the problem, have it noted in the dealership files, and keep on your dealership about this. Toyota is not going to come to me to offer to replace it.
Fair enough. I tried asking my service guy to make a note on my file about it but got brushed off saying they'll reach out to me if there's ever a fix.
That was back in Jan~Feb when there wasn't even a fix on the horizon. Looks like I need to insist that they make note of it this time

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fair enough. I tried asking my service guy to make a note on my file about it but got brushed off saying they'll reach out to me if there's ever a fix.
That was back in Jan~Feb when there wasn't even a fix on the horizon. Looks like I need to insist that they make note of it this time
Weird logic, hey? if they don't make a note in your file, how would they know who to contact? I'd be a happy camper if they proactively contacted all of us who might have the problem but my guess is that's not how it works (based on the US experience)?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts