Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car stop running one day. I took out fuel pump and tested it manually found it not working replaced fuel pump it had full tank of gas when syhponing it out I found black sludge in the bottom of it any ideas and what do I need to do to get running again

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Have been on this forum for some years and have not heard of anyone having black sludge in their gas tank. Did you buy the car used? Seems that someone dumped something into the gas tank which was not supposed to be in the tank. Anyone have a grudge against you? The tank obviously has to be cleaned or replaced and that has to be done safely.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Thanks for the update. good o hear that your RAV4 is running well. Echoing the queries previously posted and given your original post about black sludge, if you did not clean or replace your gas tank before installing the new pump you likely will experience the same problem again.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Thanks for the update. good o hear that your RAV4 is running well. Echoing the queries previously posted and given your original post about black sludge, if you did not clean or replace your gas tank before installing the new pump you likely will experience the same problem again.
I thought the same as you until I realized the guy you replied to(rav4pro)is not the OP(Bossmanjoe).
I agree, if he didn't clean the sludge out, he'll be right back to his original problem. Oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts