Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had my 1999 Rav 4 die on me, the fuel pump won't do anything but when I went to change it (removed access panel under rear seats) I found out the bolts that hold the pump in are rusted away. No hope of getting the pump out.

As a last ditch hope I thought I would check the Fuel pump shutoff switch but I can not figure out where it is located. Any Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I looked at the wiring diagram and there is no inertia switch. The only vehicles I have seen use an inertia switch are Ford products. Perhaps some Mazda vehicles when Ford owned a piece of them, like with the B series pickup.

Reactions: ZeroKoole

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at the wiring diagram and there is no inertia switch. The only vehicles I have seen use an inertia switch are Ford products. Perhaps some Mazda vehicles when Ford owned a piece of them, like with the B series pickup.
Okay, thank you for checking for me. I had been told both yes and no from people so I had no idea.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Only other thing you can do if the ravs worth it is drop the tank out, drain and wash it out for safetys sake. Then cut or drill the bolts if the heads are rusted away and try to extract the stubs with a pair of vice grips if enough left to grip or if not stud extractors. The studs themselves should not be seized in the tank just always seem to be the heads rusted away on the bolts as I found mine were similar but I was lucky enough to get them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts