Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a fuel treatment? I usuallly do mine at each oil change which is every 3,000 miles on my other vehicles. This is my first new vehicle with fuel injection and was wondering if it will hurt anything. I use Chevron Techron.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
not needed. Save your $$ unless you have an issue. My last car went 135k miles and I never used one bottle of fuel injector cleaner. If it makes ya feel better do it once a year.. This is why we have a fuel filter for.. Its not needed with todays vehicles.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
As of 1/1/95, all gasoline blends were mandated to have an additive designed to clean fuel systems. Although not all refiners' additives are created equal, aftermarket fuel treatment additives are not required or necessary as they once were.......

OC

·
Registered
379 Posts
We must be psychic. I was just about to make a new post on this topic. NOBODY has mentioned RXP gas kicker. (google RXP for more info) Has anyone tried RXP? Either in your RAV or any other vehicles you have owned? It's not too cheap at $5.99 for 2.5 oz. bottle. But what the heck, I tried in my girlfriends car, used it in three tanks of gas, an older BMW 2001 330 w/ about 50k showing. (Tried it in hers cuz none of my cars needed a Geritol treatment) Well I like most people on this site, I am really suspect of such products. Well folks believe me I am trying to find everything negative about the product and I can't. From the first tank there was a noticable difference in the performance of her car. Smoother running, no hesitation at all. What are the experts opinions here :?:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hey Inlets, can I drink some so I run smoother without any hesitation?? If it works you can patent it and rename it RXP- OC Ass Kicker!! :p :p :lol: :lol:

OC

·
Registered
233 Posts
Inlets, must be a coincident that you are located in FL as is RxP! :roll:

This stuff sounds amazing and I really would like to use it, but since I do not have a girlfriend with a junker I have no car to poor it into.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Raffor said:
Inlets, must be a coincident that you are located in FL as is RxP! :roll:

This stuff sounds amazing and I really would like to use it, but since I do not have a girlfriend with a junker I have no car to poor it into.
Geez, didn't say "junker" said older. As far as the other got three gotta get rid of one. Two red heads and a blonde, you want one :?: All grade A prime, high maintenance though. :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
white pearl all banter aside. Have you tried Rxp? Maybe it's only a product sold locally. Reading the marketing promo I thought it was nationally as well. I have tried Chevron Techron a few years ago in an "older" SUV in it's day a good product too, been around a long time. IMHO just think it needs to be improved a little.

·
Registered
233 Posts
flyingn said:
not needed. Save your $$ unless you have an issue. My last car went 135k miles and I never used one bottle of fuel injector cleaner. If it makes ya feel better do it once a year.. This is why we have a fuel filter for.. Its not needed with todays vehicles.
I would go with flyingn suggestion...just my 0.2 cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts