Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am looking at another 2009 V6 4WD sport after the last one got away (maybe for the best) and this one says its fully loaded and it appears to be with leather, heated seats, backup camera and moonroof. But the steering wheel doesn't have any buttons other than the dispay buttons.

Was this an extra option the buyers opted out of? I would think it would have been standard given all the other upgrades.

Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
No stereo controls on the left side of the wheel?...must have the basic stereo then...Google 2009 rav4 brochure and you can see what is and is not optional...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion I didn't think to search for the brochure. I was searching for everything else but couldn't get any details.

I'll search for that now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Only the LTD models have steering wheel audio controls.

I have a link that can help but it is for Canadian models but should be the same as US: http://media.toyota.ca/internal_redirect/cms.ipressroom.com.s3.amazonaws.com/152/files/20145/09rav4_SpecsFeatures_E.pdf

Good luck on your search for a RAV4. :ponder:

Not all of them do. I have the 2010 V6 Limited with nav. All I had before I changed the head unit and steering wheel controls was the volume and pre set controls on the left and only the display on the right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are awesome!!! I appreciated the info and knowledge sharing.
For 200 bucks I would definitely upgrade that part... I looks like something is missing without it. But that's from looking at pictures, I'm sure not as noticeable when you in the vehicle.

Is that CAD dollars? Please tell me yes.

Crossing fingers that things work out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the well wishes Robert

I have taken Friday off to dedicate to testing out this next contender. I hate waiting this long but the sales guy I'm dealing had to leave town for a funeral for a couple of day...hoping the patience pays off.

It's a single owner dealer maintained with a little over 100 km I have already called Toyota and had them run the vin for maintenance history. The only thing that concerned me was they said the transfer case was sweating but they had a 60 dollar service To fix it... I'm sure this is already covered somewhere in these forums

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sport with leather

This is slightly off topic, but I didn't know the Sport model came with leather seats. Are you in a market other than the US? Or did I just miss this feature?
Good luck with the buttons.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Aha! A Canadian model. I should have guessed that. Lucky you. Not that I don't like my LTD, but I'd much rather have a Sport with leather seats and deal with steering wheel buttons. Once again the US of A gets the short end of the automotive stick. :crying

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This is slightly off topic, but I didn't know the Sport model came with leather seats. Are you in a market other than the US? Or did I just miss this feature?
I'm not sure how regional differences apply, but at least in some regions in North America I *think* you could order the Sport with most of the features you'd find in a Limited as options, except for the SmartKey system, the dual-zone climate control and the hardshell spare tire cover with latch.

So you could order it with things like AutoOn headlights, leather seats, heated front seats, power moon roof, etc.

Reactions: mlrav

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Sport models were available with black leather in the USA...search for it on cars.com and you will see what it looks like...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sport with leather

Sport models were available with black leather in the USA...search for it on cars.com and you will see what it looks like...
Thanks. I guess. Always alert for opportunities to make myself miserable, :crying I looked it up on cars.com and you are correct. For the sum of $1390 leather could be had on every model. And I thought I'd done my usual OCD scientific research. Now it's time to rationalize. For example, there were none on the used NJ market, my crappy BMW barely made it to the nearest Toyota dealer, and I do dearly love my "Sportified" LTD.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have on 08' Limited V6 that seems to have every option except Nav. Silver with light grey leather inside.
You might even find some used steering wheel buttons on eBay really cheap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well guys I'm happy to say I now an official member! I bought the Rav V6 4WD sport on Friday!

I'm looking forward to researching the heck out of it on this forum and getting to know the members here.

We had our 2002 CRV for 8 years and it served us well...in that time I never added the spare key to my keychain...with this Rav I have already put the extra key on my key chain...I like that this flys below most peoples radar.

Thanks for all the info everyone has provided.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Well guys I'm happy to say I now an official member! I bought the Rav V6 4WD sport on Friday!

I'm looking forward to researching the heck out of it on this forum and getting to know the members here.

We had our 2002 CRV for 8 years and it served us well...in that time I never added the spare key to my keychain...with this Rav I have already put the extra key on my key chain...I like that this flys below most peoples radar.

Thanks for all the info everyone has provided.

Cheers
Well congrats! And many happy miles!:smile

1 - 20 of 23 Posts