Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow RAV'ers

Anyone have any experience (good/bad) with a Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve?

A good description of this drain valve can be found at http://www.fumotovalve.com.

Sounds promising. Quite frankly it's almost to good to be true. :?

Any all comments are welcomed.

Thanks

Shorty

·
Registered
986 Posts
I don't have one but I know other people who do. They work as advertised, however the only problem that I've heard is that it takes a bit longer for the oil to drain since the hole in the valve is pretty small. The only other problem I could think of with one of those valves is hitting it when driving over a rock or something and breaking it off, but that shouldn't matter to you if your Rav never leaves the street.

On a side note, I bashed my oil pan pretty good when my Rav was almost new (offroading a little bit) and it left a nice scrap/dent in the bottom of the oil pan. Haven't had any problems as a result, the oil pressure is fine, and I think one day I might take the pan off and pound out the dent.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I've considered getting one. But it's not like taking out the bolt is a big deal. And I like to get a fresh washer in there with oil changes rather than having the same one in there forever.

They sell various brands that do the same thing at Autozone and such. Don't necessarily have to order a fumoto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts