Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The Drifter said:
Actually it is, its not wider than a highway lane, and it has all the proper safety precautions taken on it. He built it so that he could still drive it on the road.
It would be illegal here in Hawaii. That truck would not pass bumper height requirements and the tires do not fit within the flares. What safety precautions are there that would protect other drivers if that truck crashed into them? Just curious. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
one safety feature added is a belay line to catch you in the event of six foot drop if you slip. How do you get in and out of that thing, I don't see any steps or ladders? You can clamber onto the front wheels but you still have to swing the door open and then climb in ? :)

wicked.

T

·
0 Posts
:shock: yeah, I was going to say how would you get in and out?
emergency shoots to exit?????

M

·
0 Posts
What's with that bullbar? What's he trying to deflect, elephants? It's ugly, and I'm glad they did that to a Ford and not a Toyota. :lol:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just saw one of those the other day. It was a newer model F150, but its undercarriage was much higher than the one in the pic. They lifted their F150 to the point where the undercarriage was almost to the top of my Rav's roof. And then they had the appropriate license plates reading NZBLEED. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one safety feature added is a belay line to catch you in the event of six foot drop if you slip. How do you get in and out of that thing, I don't see any steps or ladders? You can clamber onto the front wheels but you still have to swing the door open and then climb in ? :)

wicked.
HAHAHA it was funny, he keeps a step ladder in the back seat, and he uses it to get in and out. Other wise, he has to climb up on the tires and walk along the side-step bars to get to the door (which is no easy task, i know from experience lol)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Derek said:
The Drifter said:
Actually it is, its not wider than a highway lane, and it has all the proper safety precautions taken on it. He built it so that he could still drive it on the road.
It would be illegal here in Hawaii. That truck would not pass bumper height requirements and the tires do not fit within the flares. What safety precautions are there that would protect other drivers if that truck crashed into them? Just curious. :D
Hes got things such as large metal bars welded to the front and rear axels that act as normal-height bumpers... saftey lights to warn drivers who cant see his signals, camera's mounted on the body so he doesent have any blind spots, etc.

Haha, we took it off-road yesterday affter our recent hurricane. Never had so much fun in my life. 700hp and 1000lbs. torque+muddy trail= :shock: never seen so much mud fly in my life....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts