Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I parked at a store and opened the door to get out there was a steady beep, so I shut the door and opened it again, still there, Did it again and still there so I start looking and see a warning that says shut off lights.
I was kind of surprised, I have not had a vehicle that did not automatically shut off the lights after a certain period of time in many years, did not even know they still made them that way. I guess I should be glad they at least warn you.
This is on a 2016 Rav4, XLE. :smile

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
That's the annoying part. The lights do actually shut themselves off, but yet there is still a warning beep.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
From the manual.....

Automatic light off system
When the headlights are on: The lights turn off 30 seconds after the power
switch is turned off and a door is opened and all of the doors are closed. (The
lights turn off immediately if on the key is pressed while all the doors
are locked.)
When only the tail lights are on: The lights turn off after the power switch is
turned off and the driver’s door is opened.
To turn the lights on again, turn the power switch to ON mode, or turn the light
switch off, then turn it to or to .
If any of the doors is kept open and the power switch off, the lights automatically turn off after 20 minutes.
■Light reminder buzzer
A buzzer sounds when the power switch is turned off and the driver’s door is
opened while the lights are turned on.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Off topic but locotest what road do you work for and what loco is that you're 'driving' in your avatar? :wink

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I worked at the Erie PA GE plant in locomotive test, (retired now), they have a 3 mile test track that runs between Lawrence Park and Harbor Creek and that is where I was in that picture. The locomotive is a Gen 2 or Gen 3 BN I can't remember which generation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts