Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back again!

Basically my goal is to have my fog light becoke my daytime running lights.

I believe that I can just hookup the fog light wires to a fuse which gets power only whenthe engine is on. Does anyone know of a fuse that would be able to power the fog lights and is on whenever the car is on?

Also, if I remember correctly, Toyota dealerships will turn off the high beam DRL's with their computer for free?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not that easy. Do a google search for Toyota RAV foglight modification. There is a way to do this but you are cutting, splicing, all sorts of things.

On my Tacoma it is a 5 minute job, I have fogs any way I want them.

On the RAV I would like to do the same but crawling under the dash and cutting wires is a little too much for me, especially for a car still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I wired mine to be on anytime the rav is running and I can use the factory switch to turn them off if I want...I also used techstream to disable the stock drls and I replaced my stock fog lights with morimoto xb led fog lights...just use a test light to find a wire that gives you power when you want...I used a power source in the panel to the left of the steering wheel...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts