Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: Avoid getting it on the silver plastic in the center (on either side of the shifter). This left some discoloration that I could not remove. It didn't seem to negatively affect any other non-fabrics. Although, when I was doing it, I was wiping up overspray as soon as it happened.

P

·
0 Posts
Could you guys tell me where you are getting your Scotch Guard? I did a quick look in the store the other day but really didn't know what department to look in.

Also, how many cans does it take to do a 5 seater like the Rav without 3rd row?

Thanks-

John

P

·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
got mine at Target. Its the one made in the USA. The scotchgard that I looked at in pep boys is made in Mexico :) One can did my whole truck.
Was that in the Auto section at Target? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Re: Scotchguard

correct! Stay away from the automotive scotchguard as it is made in Mexico and more expensive then the one in the household scotchguard

MoonRav4 said:
You usually find it in the household cleaners section of most any dtore. It is mainly used for furniture fabbric in your home....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I eventually found it at Home Depot. It wasn't in the cleaners, which is where I thought it would be. It was in the "glue" (e.g. crazy glue) section. Go figure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I order my here

http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/MMM00213.html

I got mine for at $7.98/14 oz. with free shipping on > $45 order. It must have been on sale because now it looks like the price has increased to $10.29.

I definitely had overspray on the aluminized plastic but no evidence of stain.

I used 5 cans to do all the mats, seats, and carpet in two coats separated by 12 hours drying time.

I didn't check for water beading before I applied the scotchgard but now water on the mats beads up like water on waxed metal.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have used this stuff in the past on my interior camping couch cushions and it worked great.. If I purchased my Rav with cloth interior I would have used it again..

http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/scotchgard/out_diy_heavy.jhtml

I purchased mine at K-Mart and it was in the outdoors section..

Definetly do not get any type of Scotchguard product on plastics as those said before I...

M

·
0 Posts
Bontro said:
I eventually found it at Home Depot. It wasn't in the cleaners, which is where I thought it would be. It was in the "glue" (e.g. crazy glue) section. Go figure.
Bontro,

Thanks. I found it today at Home Depot in the Glue aisle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts