Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
where does that hook up to the RAV and what exactly does it do to boost performace?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mensajero said:
You have an Ox sensor that goes into the black box [so to speak] from the RAV4.1. It works great. It gives good low to mid range torque. It works better with an intake and air filter. Install a Header, and you will have good power, more fuel economy, and a cool sound. Oh, 2.25 diameter exhaust tube will help a great deal.
2.25 inch without turbo?

J

·
0 Posts
I forget who said it... i think andrew... but who ever it was found out that the optimal N/A exhaust piping would be 2 3/8 inch diameter, and 2.25 is the closest you can get without spending a ton of money trying to get some 2 3/8 piping from Japan.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
checho said:
mensajero said:
You have an Ox sensor that goes into the black box [so to speak] from the RAV4.1. It works great. It gives good low to mid range torque. It works better with an intake and air filter. Install a Header, and you will have good power, more fuel economy, and a cool sound. Oh, 2.25 diameter exhaust tube will help a great deal.
2.25 inch without turbo?
with thishe means that the exhaust doesn't empty out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Derek said:
I'm curious to know what is in that black box? Have you had a chance to open it up to see what may be inside? It appears that the red and black wires are running straight through it. :D

Where exactly does the wires hook up to? Just curious. :D
I remove the original ticket logo and check what it have in and put the TRD logo
It have exactly the same thing that they sell on ebay in 99 cents but more bigger and
the black box look with more cuality

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Gear Box Chip

drewden said:
This sounds like it might be worth the while. Where can i buy this cip?? :)
you can buy it from ebay. but better (if you have budget) you can buy the venom chip. It open the throttle to a 30% in normal without acceleration (I believe so). some people said tha the venom chip is all the same like other chips. but if they are in video games like SRS (Street Racing Sindicates) maybe they work fine

M

·
0 Posts
Chip!

Yes, I'd love to know about how to install/get this Venom Chip!
If it's as good as it sounds, and adds some hp, i'm gettin it!

MC

S

·
0 Posts
If you look down about two threads you will see my thread on the Venom module that is in refrence here. Basically all it does is shove more gas into the engine. Really, it is a bad idea on its own. Not untill you have improved you intake/exhaust, ignition, and others would it really do good. At that point though a better idea would be a fuel controller. Getting the exact fuel to air ratio taht your engine needs is the key. You don't want to be too rich or too lean. A module like the Venom Module in question could easily make the mixture too rich. There is wiser mods out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts