Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Rav's sun visor is twice as fat as any other I've had, and the Genie remote doesn't fit on it! Genie only has one size clip... Any ideas?

M

·
0 Posts
This is one reason why I wish the homelink was standard...I may end up spending the extra money on that rearview mirror that includes the homelink button..we'll see. Have to buy the Rav first.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it's sitting in the cell phone holder now, so I guess it stays there. Was just hoping someone knew of a way to get a clip that would fit that, as I like having it on the visor.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Does the 4.3 have a small drawer lower left of the steering wheel, in front of the fuse block like the 4.2......my Sears remote fits in there like it was made for it.....location below window beltline reduces range but only slightly.....
Sunglasses stay in the sunglass holder.....we don't get much sun anyway.... :wink:

P

·
0 Posts
Get the homelink mirror with compass. Got it for my Saab 9-2X and love it. So nice not to have the garage door opener clutter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If only I had a spare couple hundred dollars for homelink... What we did was buy a visor organizer that you velcro around the visor. The controls are attached to the organizer (that is all we're using it for). That gets the remotes out of the lower compartments so we can use them for something else. That organizer is a bit too thin, causing one of our remotes to fall when the visor is used. So we are now going to glue something onto the back of the visor organizer, or just put a piece of cotton there, so it will hold the remote.

Mr. Fat Visor wasn't my favorite Toyota design decision.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We found a 97 cent visor organizer / CD holder at walmart yesterday that was the same color as our ash interior. I cut small strips from an old towel and a few of them into one of the middle CD holders, and voila, the garage door opener fits over it perfectly. I put my sunglass clips in the end CD holder. It even has a little pen holder on it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Joshi said:
We found a 97 cent visor organizer / CD holder at walmart yesterday that was the same color as our ash interior. I cut small strips from an old towel and a few of them into one of the middle CD holders, and voila, the garage door opener fits over it perfectly. I put my sunglass clips in the end CD holder. It even has a little pen holder on it.
Hey.. Could you post a picture.. I'm interested in doing one for myself..

S

·
0 Posts
I thought there used to be an optional part you use to get from toyota where you could remove the sunglass case and replace it with another one that would hold a garage door opener. Mine is currently sitting in the phone hole.

P

·
0 Posts
Well, I have my single garage door opener clipped to the map pocket on the drivers door. No problems in operation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts