Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the price of Gas do you guys still want a V6 :roll: :roll: And it's going to get worse..... :( Thank you Kelly I need my daily Fix of coffee and the Forums..I got use to sitting here with a BIG cup of Java :lol: :lol: Got a new GPS unit from Garmin :D :D Just when gas hits 3.50 a gallon :twisted: :twisted: And a CB radio... You older Ravers did you forget the Gas lines of the 70s :?: :?:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Gas here in NH jumped 40 cents today, now it's over $3 a gallon up here.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just to let you guys know gas here in Eastern Canada is 129.9 per liter and ours takes 54 liters. (5.20 / U.S. gal. Canadian).

Unlike some, I'm happy to be driving the "Four Banger" as the Real Shorty says instead of a V6 guzzler.

Take it easy. M

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
It’s funny how you see an uprising of people complaining on the news about the price of gas when it goes up.
They think they have a right for much cheaper gas for their 4-5,000 pound cars.

Sure the government and private companies almost always look to rip us off but I don’t see a the same type of revolt against the late fees on income tax or bank fees which have no excuse of a lack of supplies behind them.

Using the automated system for the first time I accidentally deposited $2,400 to the wrong tax department and I got a first month penalty of $230 in 4 months. :shock: Luckly the have always been kind to me but what about someone who has run into financial trouble or something other.

Doesn’t anyone calculate his or her yearly travel distance and gas consumption per week and year then make decisions on that instead of rushing to a car dealer to buy a car and then blame it all on the system and not themselves. :roll:

Sorry about my bitching and it’s not at anyones post in this thread but I think I’ve seen too many news broadcasts lately. :D

G

·
0 Posts
My RAV4 has plenty of pep (2.0 Auto).

My Tacoma on the other hand (2.4 Auto) is a little sluggish.

No V6 for me thank you.

F

·
0 Posts
In UK we are bouncing off £1 per litre now. That is nearly $7 for one of your US Gallons.

I set my trip computer when I got my 2Litre 2003 RAV4 GX. The average MPG is 31.2. It gets gentle driving during the week with my missus doing the school runs and then a good thrashing at the weekends when I get my chance!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I feel really sorry for people that drive v6 or v8. Most of the people like BIG cars cuz they think they're fast. But with gas prices they start to regret their decisions.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gas

I will be glad to play 5.50 a gallon for gas if I got Free Medical care :roll: You guys have a much better social system ..

·
Registered
396 Posts
From my experience, I think most people should just buy a 4 banger cause most don't know how to use a v6 or v8 anyways. I can't count the times when trying to merge on the freeway that I get stuck behind someone trying to merge unto a freeflowing freeway at 30-40 mph when the flow of traffic is at 65 or higher. At least then they'd have an excuse for being slow.

G

·
0 Posts
Slayer said:
From my experience, I think most people should just buy a 4 banger cause most don't know how to use a v6 or v8 anyways. I can't count the times when trying to merge on the freeway that I get stuck behind someone trying to merge unto a freeflowing freeway at 30-40 mph when the flow of traffic is at 65 or higher. At least then they'd have an excuse for being slow.
LOL! I heard that :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
$75.55 to fill the tank of our Rav's in Canada right now. Gas just jumped to 1.399/liter today!

I'm glad that I traded my mini van when I did. That thing would cost 134.31 to fill right now and I would have only gotten the same amount of Kms on the tank of fuel as I do with my Rav.

I think it is something we are all going to have to live with. But at least we have "free" medical. :lol:

Remember nothing in life is free. The Gov. always puts the screws to us somehow. M. :evil: :!: :!: :!:

P.S. Slayer: Cool action shot! I'll have to include one of my own. M.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Traffic on this Holiday

Took a long ride on NYS thruway today....Wanted to try my new GPS :D :D There had to be 1/3 the traffic :D :D At 3.59 a gallon I guess alot of people are staying home....GPS=Koolllllllll :D

M

·
0 Posts
they seem to give petrol {gas, as you all call it} where you all are, here it is now almost £1a litre, and at some {gas} stations it is more.. :cry:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gas

Over in Europe you pay alot of Tax :( That tax pays for free health care ....Over here if you don't have Insurance...You must turn over your first born :wink:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'm down in NY for Labor Day, and gas is $3.59+ a gallon. However I've been hearing from reliable sources that the price will go down in the next few weeks, not just because of the usual after-summer drop. Heck, Steve Forbes predicts gas will be down to $1.50 a gallon next year.

E

·
0 Posts
In terms of fuel economy alone, I think vehicle weight and design of engine matter more than whether the engine is a four-banger or a V6. Some vehicles, with bigger engines, actually are more fuel efficient. For instance, the V6 3.0L BMW X5 is LESS fuel efficient than the V8 4.4L.

When I started car-shopping a few years ago, I seriously considered the Tacoma. I found out (from research) that the V6 3.0L consumed only slightly more fuel than the 4-cyl 2.7L (both 4x4).

Will a V6 RAV4 consume considerably more gas than the inline-4? My guess is that the increase in consumption will be very slight, given the light weight of the RAV4 to start with.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gas

Went to a wedding in NJ on Sun...The gas there is about 25 a gallon less :D NOT THIS TIME :roll: It was the same price :roll: The price will fall when we hit a recession :( Demand :wink:

O

·
0 Posts
Looks like you guys are having it hard, our fuel prices have crept up over the years, giving us a chance to buy more fuel efficient cars, yours has skyrocketed over a few months, I guess that if anyone does very few miles, now is the chance to pick up a bargain V8, they may even give you a little cash to take it away :wink:

Think that I'll stick with my D4D 39.8mpg (UK) with mixed driving but making good progress as they say.

E

·
0 Posts
Oil Burner said:
Looks like you guys are having it hard, our fuel prices have crept up over the years, giving us a chance to buy more fuel efficient cars, yours has skyrocketed over a few months, I guess that if anyone does very few miles, now is the chance to pick up a bargain V8, they may even give you a little cash to take it away :wink:

Think that I'll stick with my D4D 39.8mpg (UK) with mixed driving but making good progress as they say.
I'm not sure whether I have selective vision or not, but I've seen very few Chevy Suburbans and Ford Excursions on the road around Vancouver as of late... not that there are many of the two around Vancouver to start with.

I know people have started to drive across the border to Blaine, WA or Point Roberts, WA for gas, and save around $5-10 per tank. For people who live right along the border, it's a piece of cake, but for people in the city and the northern suburbs of Vancouver, we'd have to drive 30+ miles one-way to the border, erasing any savings for crossing the border for gas!

I have yet to see any "distress" sales on full-size SUVs, but according to my dad, he saw a few M-B ML500s for sale in the paper this past weekend.

Boy, I'm happy to be driving a RAV4, not a gas-guzzling Dodge Ram 5.7L V8 HEMI or a Ford F-150 5.4L V8 Triton. 8)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts