Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah man I'm going to fill up my car and the gasoline runs under the car.

It is only when filling it if I stop filling the leak stops ?

Tomorrow getting off the wheel and take a look underneath.

Someone also already had the same problem?

Like some advice then.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Good luck - apparently the fix can be a DIY job. Sorry that you're having problems with your RAV - Toyotas generally are quite reliable, but as they get older they can develop problems as other vehicle brands do.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck - apparently the fix can be a DIY job. Sorry that you're having problems with your RAV - Toyotas generally are quite reliable, but as they get older they can develop problems as other vehicle brands do.
Oké thanks wil let you now how i fixed it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If it leaks when you fill it up, right up, then it will likely be them filler pipe from the filler nozzle to the tank, these are old cars now, dirt will have got between the pile and its plastic shield and it will retain moisture and rot the filler pipe, as already mentioned, use the search and you will find plenty on here about it. Stick with it, these are great cars!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it leaks when you fill it up, right up, then it will likely be them filler pipe from the filler nozzle to the tank, these are old cars now, dirt will have got between the pile and its plastic shield and it will retain moisture and rot the filler pipe, as already mentioned, use the search and you will find plenty on here about it. Stick with it, these are great cars!

I am gona cut the pipe off because yes is totaly rotten just in the bend .

I will put a Petrol Filling hose nitrile rubber reinforced with a metal spiral wire in it because the prise for a nwe original pipe is crazy 300 dollars the rubber hose will kost me about 55 dollars .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a rubber tube of a tractor placed instead of the original iron tube it cost me $ 50 and no more leaks :laugh

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
That was a good idea, and you solved the problem!:smile

1 - 10 of 10 Posts