Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I do not like about the 1997 RAV4 is that there is no indicator in the gauge to tell what gear I am in. In the 1998-00 models, they had an updated gauge with the indicator. Is it an easy switch? Or would wiring be different with the added indicator. Thanks.

This is a picture of one on the Internet, it's not mine. I prefer the dark blue over the gray, but I really would like the indicator.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood, but at night it gets dark and I would prefer something that would light up. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh so your gear shifter light is out. I took me like 15 minutes to do it myself not knowing where to start.(97 automatic) If needed i could post a detailed how to but its not hard. literally about 6 screws and a bulb. Trickiest part is putting the bulb fitment back in place.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, didn't even know there is a light on my shifter. Yea all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
[/URL]

I'm not sure if you are able to use any of those link but go to youtube and copy and paste

"1997 toyota rav4 auto gear shifter light bulb and ac control bulb"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was really helpful thanks! I can't believe I didn't know there was a bulb in there haha! Does it take the same bulbs as the dash?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, it's a bigger bulb. I don't have the part number but it's not hard to find. Just take your old bulb and compare at Walmart or any auto part store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts