Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I would really like to make this mod but Im not sure how.
Is there a way to make my gauges stay lit while the engine is on. On the 2001's the gauges dont get lit unless you turn on the headlights or parking lights.

Many of the newer cars now have gauges that are lit up once the engine is on, which I think is very helpful especially when driving the the sun in your eyes.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I see what you're saying, but I'd like to point out a negative side to it........

I don't know if DRL's are common in the States yet, but we've had them up here for years, and in Europe even longer. They're a good idea, but not popular with tuners. Toyota and some others bring on headlites only automatically with engine on (and some with dimmed output = Toyota). The taillites and dash lites are out.

So if you jump in your RAV at nite and drive off, the absence of dash lites is your only clue that you haven't turned on your taillites etc, remember only your headlites are on "automatically"........

Got about 2 blocks before realizing, the last time it happened to me :roll: ......and I expect it'll happen more often as I get older! :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts