Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks fun for sure. I wonder if there is any real benefit in having all this information. I don't really care about hybrid battery intake temperature for example :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use the Torque app on my android phone, connected to a bluetooth obd2 adapter.
Use it to look at the rpm, coolant temperature, fuel amount and speed.
Rpm is just for fun. With the coolant temperature i can see when the engine temperature is at a certain stage, so i can adjust my driving to that.
My rav gives the alarm for an empty tank, when there's at least 15 liters of fuel left. Now i can see when it's really time to refuel.
The rav's speedometer is very annoying. When i'm driving 113 km/h on the speedometer, it's only 100 km/h real. Via the obd port, i can see that the rav really does know the actual speed. I checked it with a gps device several times.
Also, with the Torque app, i turned off the beeping sound when driving without seatbelt. Usually i always use the seatbelt, but when i only have to drive a very short distance, say 100 meters, i don't put it on. So now i don't hear that terrible beep anymore.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I tried it out now. It works well. The fuel level and battery SOC % are very interesting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the Torque app on my android phone, connected to a bluetooth obd2 adapter.
Use it to look at the rpm, coolant temperature, fuel amount and speed.
Rpm is just for fun. With the coolant temperature i can see when the engine temperature is at a certain stage, so i can adjust my driving to that.
My rav gives the alarm for an empty tank, when there's at least 15 liters of fuel left. Now i can see when it's really time to refuel.
The rav's speedometer is very annoying. When i'm driving 113 km/h on the speedometer, it's only 100 km/h real. Via the obd port, i can see that the rav really does know the actual speed. I checked it with a gps device several times.
Also, with the Torque app, i turned off the beeping sound when driving without seatbelt. Usually i always use the seatbelt, but when i only have to drive a very short distance, say 100 meters, i don't put it on. So now i don't hear that terrible beep anymore.
I tried it out now. It works well. The fuel level and battery SOC % are very interesting.

What ODB2 adaptor do you use?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Very old ELM 327 V1.4 its big and probably consumes a little bit of power all the time even when the car is off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First i had an ordinary OBD2 plug, but it drained the battery on my prius when it was still in the obd port if i parked the car.
Then i bought a VGate iv350 obd2 switch on ebay.
It has an on/off button on it, so when i don't use it, or turn the car off, i can switch it off so my battery won't drain anymore. It only costed me about 10 Euro's including shipping costs and it works fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts