Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, just got mine yesterday. Noticed some beeping that the backseat passengers werent buckled in when there were no passengers... buckling the seatbelts in fixed it, but seems like something obvious that they couldnt have overlooked

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, just got mine yesterday. Noticed some beeping that the backseat passengers werent buckled in when there were no passengers... buckling the seatbelts in fixed it, but seems like something obvious that they couldnt have overlooked
Sorry about your issue. Did you have something on the backseat? I did not know you get beeping for backseat. I wonder if the weight sensor underneath your backseat is defective.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Transmission hesitation and lunch like the 18 Camry. Passenger mirror squeaking when hitting a bump.

''Transmission hesitation and lunch like the 18 Camry'', could this be fixed with a software update ? If so, no biggy !

·
Registered
685 Posts
''Transmission hesitation and lunch like the 18 Camry'', could this be fixed with a software update ? If so, no biggy !

Brought it to my dealers attention early January and was told Toyota is already aware and are working on a ECU update (Software) that ''should'' fix the issue. I've been calling Toyota Canada every week since then to get an update. If more people call, it will put some kind of pressure. If you plan on calling, make sure your dealer diagnostic the issue and send's a report to Toyota.

I found a temporary fix for my issue though, when I am city driving and I know i'll have a lot of stop and go, I drive with the snow mode on. Issue is 90% gone this way.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got a clunking noise in my Adventure trim when slowing as the rear wheels re-engage the AWD driveline-disconnect system. It also clunks and grinds as the rear driveline disengages and it converts to FWD. I'm taking it to a dealership.

I also have rattly mirrors on bumps, but that's not nearly as concerning as the self destruction noises coming from that AWD disconnect system.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've got a clunking noise in my Adventure trim when slowing as the rear wheels re-engage the AWD driveline-disconnect system. It also clunks and grinds as the rear driveline disengages and it converts to FWD. I'm taking it to a dealership.

I also have rattly mirrors on bumps, but that's not nearly as concerning as the self destruction noises coming from that AWD disconnect system.

I'd get that checked ASAP my friend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got the distorted driver side mirror as well. I'll have to make an appt to have it replaced when I have time to sit for an hour or two at the dealership.

I've also noticed that on the weather screen it defaults to C every time I start the car, despite changing it to F.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found a temporary fix for my issue though, when I am city driving and I know i'll have a lot of stop and go, I drive with the snow mode on. Issue is 90% gone this way.
I don't have a RAV4, but from what I have read, it sounds like 'snow' mode starts the car from a standstill in 2nd gear instead of 1st. That would account for your 'fix' because the transmission is not shifting from 1st to 2nd.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 2019 Adventure is at a dealership due to a grinding noise when the AWD Driveline Disconnect system cuts power to the rear wheels. They are replacing the Transfer Case. I'd count this as a defect since it started grinding at 1,000 Miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The transmission is really irritating even when just coming to a stop. It decides to switch gears from 5-0mph and there's a noticeable thump.

Also the A/C has been noisy at times. Idk if it was always there but I could clearly hear a high pitched squealing. So far I've only noticed it while sitting in traffic for at least 15 minutes. I'll try to play with the settings to see if it goes away.

Probably not a defect but I don't like that the audio source automatically changes to my phone when I'm on the Twitter app. If my phone is plugged in to CarPlay but I change the source to the radio, I want it to stay on the radio. Browsing web pages and Instagram on my phone has been ok but for some reason Twitter triggers a change.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts