Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
2020 Japan - build Limited. Moon/sunroof rattle developed at about 2,000 miles when it is just popped up, not open fully. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for who knows what... ;)

Edit: Seems to be fixed. "Loosened and tightened assembly" . We'll see about the long-term "fix". Hopeful!!

Edit II: ...and it's back. Strike 2. Ordering entire new sunroof. Ugh...Not sure if that means the entire pano roof or just the slidey bits....stay tuned....

·
Registered
3 Posts
2020 Japan - build Limited. Moon/sunroof rattle developed at about 2,000 miles when it is just popped up, not open fully. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for who knows what... ;)

Edit: Seems to be fixed. "Loosened and tightened assembly" . We'll see about the long-term "fix". Hopeful!!

Edit II: ...and it's back. Strike 2.
Had the same issue with my Edge (Australian version of an Adventure). Dealer removed all upper interior trims and roof lining to access, found welds missing or incomplete for sunroof mounts. Welds repaired and noise gone. Dealer left plenty of grubby greasy fingerprints all over the roof lining in the process.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, that's truly a good-news-bad-news situation. Glad you got it sorted. Sure hope they cleaned up their careless mess.

Since mine can apparently be "adjusted" away, at least for a a half day or so, I wonder if it could be welds? Were they able to "adjust" yours away for a short time?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good to know! I will inquire about that when I take it in again Monday morning.

Thanks!

Edit:

Dealer replaced the "Slide rails and Clips". Took about a day and half. Seems ok, or at least a lot better, but time will tell. As expected, they made a bit of a mess of the interior - slight smudges in lots of places - I'll make an appt to have them detail it, at their cost, soon. Just want the damn rattle to go away...Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought the 2020 RAV4 LE in black a month ago. I've noticed that the headlights only allow me to see about 15 feet in front of me at night, creating a black "wall" which is super dangerous especially with country driving (I'm from Texas). I might be able to get them adjusted but anyone else?
Please visit the shop asap! don't mess around with safety issues like that!
Should be an easy fix

·
Registered
4 Posts
The transmission is really irritating even when just coming to a stop. It decides to switch gears from 5-0mph and there's a noticeable thump.

Also the A/C has been noisy at times. Idk if it was always there but I could clearly hear a high pitched squealing. So far I've only noticed it while sitting in traffic for at least 15 minutes. I'll try to play with the settings to see if it goes away.

Probably not a defect but I don't like that the audio source automatically changes to my phone when I'm on the Twitter app. If my phone is plugged in to CarPlay but I change the source to the radio, I want it to stay on the radio. Browsing web pages and Instagram on my phone has been ok but for some reason Twitter triggers a change.
that’s a CarPlay thing, had the issue in a previous car playenabled car

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Rav4 entry and start function not working. Smart key battery is fine but i still need to touch key to push start button to start. Remotes don,t work. Am personally diagnosing it if the ELECTRICAL KEY RECEIVER combined with the TPMS has power issue or the lines are experiencing electrical resistance causing this problem.
I will share when am done.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Adventure Lunar Rock/Ice Edge
4 Posts
In the past year, my local dealer was able to fix most of the TSBs/defects that my Rav4 was having. That includes the shaky sideview mirrors, the sun visor rattles, the roof rack leaks, the lurching issues and the abnormal noise from the rear diff when slowing down. I always check for TSBs and recalls at least 2x a month just to see what's next and so far so good until I got a text from my local dealer that there is a recall on my car regarding the fuel pump/tank. Scheduled to get it fixed for next week due to waiting on parts. Never really had this much problems with one car. Bought the car new by the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the past year, my local dealer was able to fix most of the TSBs/defects that my Rav4 was having. That includes the shaky sideview mirrors, the sun visor rattles, the roof rack leaks, the lurching issues and the abnormal noise from the rear diff when slowing down. I always check for TSBs and recalls at least 2x a month just to see what's next and so far so good until I got a text from my local dealer that there is a recall on my car regarding the fuel pump/tank. Scheduled to get it fixed for next week due to waiting on parts. Never really had this much problems with one car. Bought the car new by the way.
I'm wanting the 2021 but seeing so many negative reviews on Edmunds is making me have second thoughts. My hope is the reviews were fake or the problems were resolved. So many seem to have regrets. Reliability. is huge to me. I keep my cars for 10+ years and don't want the hassle of my car being in the shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2019 Adventure -Canada built.
Right front passenger window switch doesn't work. Master switch on drivers makes the action happen. Yes, it is brand new...... Going to dealer this next week.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
2019 Adventure -Canada built.
Right front passenger window switch doesn't work. Master switch on drivers makes the action happen. Yes, it is brand new...... Going to dealer this next week.
You locked the control that is on the driver side. You have to unlock it then the passenger switch will be active. You can read the owner’s manual and save yourself a trip to the dealer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Northwoodshyu,
Thanks for the heads up on the owners manual. Looked that over. Since this is only happening on the right front passenger window, it doesn't appear that the window lock (driver side) would affect it. Seems that would affect all passenger windows. All the other windows worked as expected. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Hey Northwoodshyu,
Thanks for the heads up on the owners manual. Looked that over. Since this is only happening on the right front passenger window, it doesn't appear that the window lock (driver side) would affect it. Seems that would affect all passenger windows. All the other windows worked as expected. Am I missing something here?
You are right if the master control is not it then you will have take it in. Too bad about this electrical defect. Either no electrical continuity issue or faulty switch.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 XSE Hybrid - Blizzard Pearl
19 Posts
where do you check fro TSB?

·
Registered
263 Posts
How was the roof rack leak fixed?

141 - 160 of 173 Posts