Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into new tires for my 2011 RAV4. The choice is between General AltiMX RT43 and Yokohama Geolander A/T G015.

I have 2 cars already using the Generals (97 Outback and 10 Impreza) with good results and the price is pretty nice. I'm looking at the Yokohamas as they are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol (meets the industry's severe snow service requirements).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I had the generals on 2 years ago with the H-rating.
First year was great. I then switched to winter tires.
2nd year the tires would squeal at almost every start. It never did that before. And I am very light footed.
I will have to put them on in a few weeks and see how it behaves.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2nd year the tires would squeal at almost every start. It never did that before. And I am very light footed.
I'm looking at the H-rating. How many miles did you put on the tires in the 1st year?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just installed generals on mine...we have been having alot of rain in the area...so far so good...550 out the door with a 50 dollar mail in rebate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies! Ordered and received a set of the Geolandars last Tuesday (the $60 mail in rebate was an incentive). They'll get mounted in Nov (or sooner depending on job location).

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Need to update on my General Altimax RT43. Put them on for the 3rd summer and this time no squeal at start ups!
Makes no sense.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thanks for the replies! Ordered and received a set of the Geolandars last Tuesday (the $60 mail in rebate was an incentive). They'll get mounted in Nov (or sooner depending on job location).
Really planning ahead. Fall is the worst time to buy tires.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have had the Generals on for longer than I should have. As worn as they are, I still love them. Will be getting them again.

Actually, I just looked at an old thread I posted about them. They are General Gmax. Had them on for almost 5 years. Oops! :oops::lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts