Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
The list is endless.....You can lift it, lower it, put wider wheels, do engine swap, fog lights, roof rack, upgrade struts and shocks.......The list is endless.... Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Safe rally type car that can play with the big boys.
I was thinking either a 2jz or an ls motor. When this one ****s it self.

What have you guys done?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Safe rally type car that can play with the big boys.
I was thinking either a 2jz or an ls motor. When this one ****s it self.

What have you guys done?
I would love to see a 2jz fit on a gen1 rav4.

It will be an insane swap >:D>:D>:D

Done on my 96 ravie

* poly bushes
* 3sgte 4th gen
* 17" wheels
* dual lens headlight (depo brand)
* hnr lowering springs

Endless modifications :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
The first mod I did that got the ball rolling was a really good set of performance tires. Toyo Versado CUV 225 55R18 98V to be exact on some decent rims. The tires instantly revealed the old/weak suspension. I can easily out drive the suspension(not a good thing) you can get into a lot of trouble really quick (roll overs and other miss haps)

I am currently working on the suspension. There is some really good product available but they take a long timeeeeeeeee to get (addco sway bar, koni 3way adjustable shocks/struts, poly kits were 5 months from order to delivery). I'm doing a conservative drop of only .5" so the geometry stays very close to OEM, later I might do a 1.5" but I want to see how the first setup handles.

I'm half way to rear LSD.

The last thing I will look at is more power. Its tempting to do it sooner as I just got a chance to drive a very well setup rav4 with a 3sgte swap but I'm sticking with my plan (I have to keep telling myself this) lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts