Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Gentex Frameless mirror with Homelink on a RAV4 SE with the Lane Departure System. I purchased one of the mirrors that looks like the ones in the 2016 Limited but when i went to install it, the LDS box around the mirror does not allow me to adjust the mirror. The stem on the original manual mirror is 3". The stem on the Gentex is shorter. Gentex makes an extension block, but i don't know how thick it is, it looks like it would have to be less than 3/4" to fit under the box. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used the extension on my girlfriend's SE. It provided enough clearance from the LDS box to be able to adjust the mirror. I wish I had the dimensions because I thought the extension was overpriced but it did the job.

·
Registered
258 Posts
WOW - $80 for an extension block, that is unbelievable. But then if you need it, what are you going to do.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did not notice the price increase. I paid $55 from the same seller three weeks ago. I thought that was still pricey for what it is but it was necessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered it yesterday morning for $59, and then I noticed last night that the price had went up to $79. Still a lot, but less than $99 which is what most places are selling it for.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, if you're paying $349 for a mirror, what's another $80? :)
I only paid $75 for my Gentex mirror with self dimming, compass and home link (not frameless) so another $80 for an extension would have been something that would have killed the deal for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Extension block

Has anyone installed the Gentex Frameless mirror with Homelink on a RAV4 SE with the Lane Departure System. I purchased one of the mirrors that looks like the ones in the 2016 Limited but when i went to install it, the LDS box around the mirror does not allow me to adjust the mirror. The stem on the original manual mirror is 3". The stem on the Gentex is shorter. Gentex makes an extension block, but i don't know how thick it is, it looks like it would have to be less than 3/4" to fit under the box. Any help would be appreciated.
I just brought this extension block for my RAV4 2017 AWD its 3/4in. Thick and when installed with the mirror it clear the black box for LDS with no interference. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the connectors for the moonroof looking for color codes for the moonroof and map light in the overhead connectors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts