Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My toyota dealership is telling me that I should only be considering genuine toyota parts for repairs to my Rav4. This is the first Toyota I have owned and am not 100% sure which way to go here. any insights into Toyota parts would be great, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
What parts? How old is the RAV? Since your other post is asking about the 2016 models it will be under warranty.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi guys. My toyota dealership is telling me that I should only be considering genuine toyota parts for repairs to my Rav4..........
For repairs under/during warranty for accident damage or mechanical breakdowns I would definitely use OEM parts. As far as regular service parts like air/cabin filters, oil & oil filters, wiper blades, etc you can use what you like. (Just keep receipts and good records) But with that said I still like the OEM oil filters - great filters and I can get them cheaper than anything at Walmart.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ditto on the OEM parts for repairs. Insist on OEM because some parts produced by third parties overseas are very lacking in quality and fit...a good collision repair shop (the one I've used) won't use parts made in China, especially if they guarantee their work.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you can do some of the work yourself, you can get OEM parts off of Ebay cheaper than at the dealership.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For consumables - like brake pads, filters, etc. you should go with what you feel best.
For parts that are still under warranty - go Toyota and have them replaced under the warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts