Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
The 4.3 is definitely getting popular. A number of people have complimented me on my 4.2, but most of them asked if it was a 4.3.... I guess the 4.3 popularity has also rubbed off on the 4.2's. Makes me less enthused about upgrading :lol:

The funny thing is when I first got the 4.2 a couple of years ago, I'd get compliments but most of them had no idea what a RAV4 was...

Cheers!

Philo

S

·
0 Posts
just check how many posts are on this site in 4.3 forums vs 4.2 forums... new rav4 is breaking all records...

K

·
0 Posts
A couple with a RAV4.2 stopped by to check out our new RAV as we were loading boxes at Ikea. They said the 4.2 was fine for just the two of them, but with grandkids it was pretty tight. They were quite impressed with the roominess of the new RAV.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not as much as I expected, but a few.

In DC a couple weeks ago on vaca, I was in a gas station with a Dunkin Donuts next to my hotel getting coffee when a guy started asking me about the RAV. Liked it alot and was considering buying one. I directed him to this forum for more info but no idea if he ever joined...

Saturday I went checking out a couple of yard sales near my house with the girlfriend and as we were leaving one, a guy across the street came running over. Turns out with a new 4 Runner and an a few year old Camry, he like them alot and was looking to get one for his wife in trade for their Camry.

Other than that friends and family love it, but that's it for my random strangers encounters.

J

·
0 Posts
Neighbors said they REALLY liked the color (Flint Mica) and were very impressed.

All my work peeps made fun of me at first when they heard I got a "Rav" until they saw it/rode in it. They were all impressed 8)

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
athats what I got a lot of too. I would say I got a new Rav and a blank look would come over their face.. As if to say 'you have to be kiddin me' Then I tell them its ALL new.. bigger more refined and faster. Then they smile. I seen this about 1/2 a dozen times so far. And when they see it a really big smile comes over. Every one said "oh wow it IS a lot bigger and nicer then the old one"

R

·
0 Posts
My wife was driving it, she told me at the stop light, people where looking at the RAV and pointing at it. and saying how nice it was.

R

·
0 Posts
We have had a lot of people looking her up and down, or really noticing her. But, the other day I had my first encounter with somebody that wanted to really check her out. As I pulled into the faculty parking lot...I could see one of the music instructors follow me to my space! LOL! I got out and he said, "this is the new RAV4...isn't it?" We continued to talk, while he looked her up and down, inside and outside. He said he almost got the 2005 RAV, but it was just too stiff and small inside. I told him I never rode in a 2005 to compare it to, but it was a much smoother ride than my 1996 RAV. Also, much bigger, and a longer wheelbase. So, he said once he saves more $ (he pays cash for his)...he'll be looking into getting this or the 2007.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had another encounter this weekend on Sunday morning on my way back to MA from NYC. Some random mom with her kids in an 04 Camry was chatting me and my girlfriend up about the new RAV.

One thing I noticed, is that when I am by myself, this does not happen to me, but when I'm with my girlfriend, it does.

Not only that, but whenever people ask about it, they always talk to her, not me. I know i'm not exactly the average RAV4 demographic owner, but I'm driving, so assume it's mine not hers!!

When the lady stopped to talk to us at the rest area this past Sunday, she asked a few questions which I answered and then asked how the RAV does for mpg's and looked directly at my girlfriend for an answer despite my having answered all previous questions and answered that one as well.

That happen to any of the other guys out there who own the new RAV?

·
Registered
167 Posts
RAVishing - that statement is without a doubt very very true. lol
She is very much cuter than me and I would make one terrible looking woman.

I really think it's just that the new RAV hasn't hit the public yet as no longer being a 'chick car' (sorry - not intentionally trying to offend any pre-4.3 make RAV4 owners).

S

·
0 Posts
I told my friend I was considering a Toyota RAV4 or the Mazda CX7. He works for Toyota in California. AIM conversation:

edited trillan AIM log said:
me: made in japan has the mazdaspeed6 engine and AWD system

him: you like some of the gayest cars I have ever seen

me: well the RAV4 is too boring

him: it is gay also

me: you already have mini cooper so you can't talk

him: i dont like japanese cars

me: i had a used japanese made mazda 6 while I was in New Zealand, it was a decent car

him: i am sure they are decent

him: just boring with zero style
:lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts