Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be picking up my new Barcelona Red 2006 RAV4 Sport 4cyl tomorrow! :D I can't wait.

My dealer had to go all the way to southern Virginia to get it...I'm in central Pennsylvania. Apparently when they'd locate one at other dealerships they wouldn't give it up because of their popularity. I'm not crazy about it having around 500 miles even before I sit in it though.

I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flyingn said:
congrats!!!!!!! Am I correct in assumming thart you are a PSU fan like myself?? You in state college??
Yep, I'm a Lions fan. I work at Penn State and live nearby.

<---- That's Jasmin, my co-pilot.

P

·
0 Posts
Only the I4, not the V6? If I were buying today, there would be no question. V6 all the way.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Grats on the new RAV! Wow, another cross-state haul-job? I'm still waiting for someone to road-trip it across the country like Becky did with hers! 8)

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
so do I!!!! What department??? Im at the Abington campus....

RAVinLion said:
flyingn said:
congrats!!!!!!! Am I correct in assumming thart you are a PSU fan like myself?? You in state college??
Yep, I'm a Lions fan. I work at Penn State and live nearby.

<---- That's Jasmin, my co-pilot.

E

·
0 Posts
Something to consider. When I was told about a Rav I was interested in, it was 100 miles away. I did not want to have the extra miles on it, so I arranged to go along with the driver to pick it up and drive it back myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flyingn,
I work at the University Park campus in the Outreach department. Nice to hear from a PSU co-worker!

----
I just got home from picking up my new RAV. It's pretty sweeeeeet!!! :D Everything seems to be fine...I was a little worried about it having almost 600 miles on it already. I was told that my standard warranty (3 years/36,000 miles) starts today. So total miles before the warranty expires are 36,600 miles.

One thing that is bugging me though... Since it came from Virginia where they require front bumper license plates, it has the holes in the bumper for the plate. Here in PA a state front license plate isn't required. I'd prefer not to have a plate on the front, but I don't have any choice now. I'll probably put on a PSU Nittany Lions plate or something.

Does anyone know if Toyota makes a custom front license plate frame other than the one made by Grenada?

I'll be out cruzing tomorrow!! 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, it's around 510 miles round trip from State College to Staunton, VA where is was picked up. It apparently had around 50 on it before pickup. It would have taken me around 6 weeks to get that many miles on it. I guess the upside is that it's kinda of broken in for me. I'm trying to look on the positive side.

[Boy do I feel stupid! Of course my new RAV wouldn't have roundtrip miles on it. I guess I was too excited yesterday to think clearly.] :oops:

G

·
0 Posts
It's no biggie. As you noted, they pushed back the warranty for you. You might have tried getting a few bucks or an oil change or two out of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts