Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RAV 2.0l 4 cylinder petrol and I would like to give it more 'oempf' :D

I know that a couple of 'simple' mechanical replacements can give the engine more horse and torque, but I don't know where to look for parts and if it is possible at all.
Couple of things I would like to do are:
- Sports or open air intake
- Sports catalyst with complementary exhaust

Do I also have to do a remap on the ECU when air intake and exhaust are modified ?

I live in the Netherlands, so is would be grate to retrieve parts locally or from a neighboring country.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
There is only a limited amount things to make your car go faster so it is not even worth it considering cost. Cheapest is to upgrade to the V6 model in the 3rd gen Rav4. One of the quickest SUV around and stock too. You will not find many mods that can make meaningful improvements. This is not a good vehicle that has many high performance parts available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I am not looking to make the car go 'faster', but to have a more torque.

I also have a Saab for which I have done the same.
In this case the horse power only increased by just a fraction, however the torque was increased massively.
I know I can not compare a turbo charged engine with a natural aspirated engine, but enhancing the ability for the engine to 'breath' more freely should give a similar effect.
I do not expect a massive torque increase, but at least a more responsive engine and maybe a little bit better mileage.

If I had to look for alternative parts like a sports cat-back exhaust, which vendor does make them for a RAV ?
In general, where can I look for customizable parts for a RAV ? like a raised air intake (if they exist at all), bull bars, spotlights, etc ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts