Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the reasons I switched from my Accord coupe to the RAV recently was to make it easier to carry large items like antique furniture. So this weekend is going to be an opportunity for me over at the Atlantic City antiques show. I measured the cargo area with the second row seats down at about 5' long by 3' high by 3.5' wide without hitting the sides or ceiling. I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of that space this weekend.

Has anyone here carried furniture or other large items in their 2006 RAV yet? It should be pretty easy to load (with the flip-down seat-backs) but I do wonder if the seat-backs can stand a lot of weight on them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just bought a big tv last weekend. Cargo area is tall and deep enough for funiture stuffs. But I found the door is the only obstacle for the wide. If you have some long and wide funitures, you may not be able to slide any funitures wider than 3'4".

It's just my 2 cents.

TSQ.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Going antiquing with my new RAV
(spoken in the tone of hanz and franz)
Perhaps you could pick up some BMW X models
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TSQ : what make and model tv please, I am going to deliver one to North Carolina and I need to know how big of one I can get.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's 37" Toshiba LCD TV in box. The box of it is about 3' tall. I folded rear seat down so I just laid it flat and slided in without problem. But it got me thinking that if something is just as wide as cargo area, it may not be that easy to slide in.

TSQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts