Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a Kelly question, or someone else who works for Toyota.

Is the "gold package" something that gets installed at the factory, at the port, or at the dealer?

No, I don't want it, I'm just curious. See, there's this Solaraa that I keep seeing around town, and the Toyota logo on the trunk is upside down. I don't know who owns it, but the driver is one of those that you can just kinda tell by looking that she's not a "car person", so I don't think it's something she did herself to be weird or different. It got me wondering, who's the practical joker, some factory worker in Japan, some smart a$$ bodyshop guy, or perhaps someone Kelly might know.... :wink:

Becky

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
As of 2005 model year Gold Packs (and Black Pearl) are no longer done at port level. They are no longer offered as an official Toyota option. They may still be done by dealers.

On 2004 and older models, these options were done at the ports or by the dealers.

My guess is somebody decided to be funny, pealed the emblem off and turned it over. :? If my memory serves me correctly, the Toyota logo on the back of a Solara has tiny pegs (in addition to the adhesive) that makes installing it (accidentally) upside impossible, without breaking the pins off.

(I'm sure it didn't happen in Japan, as all Solaras are made in Georgetown, Kentucky. :D )

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, okay, thanks for the info! Not sure what year Solara it is, but it's 2003 or older based on the body style (I'm not familiar with when Solaras have changed styles, but I see there was a change from 2003 to 2004 and it's absolutely not an '04). If I ever bump into her in a parking lot maybe I'll mention it! :lol:

I should try not to let goofy things like this bother me! LOL! It is very strange looking though.

Becky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts