Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got rid of 2013 RAV XLE. Seats were very uncomfortable! Wife hated driving it as I did. My 2005 was better. Got a letter from my dealer saying they would give me $22300. for my 2013, mint with 9300 miles on it. I paid $26000. in Nov 2013. No-brainer! :). Picked up a new 2015 AWD LE Venza WITH 0% finance. ZERO % can't beat it. Sticker was $32900...paid $29000 for the Venza. Yeah I know it's the last year for the Venza model....It doesn't really matter to me. What a big diff between the two. Venza rides like a comfy car with all the benefits of a SUV. AWD with plenty of cargo, not to mention 19 in tires.
Thanks for all the info on the RAV from this site. It was very useful.
Good luck to all.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I did exactly the same a year ago.

Traded-in my 2013 RAV4 (paid $24k in Feb 2013, traded-in for $22k in July 2014) for a 2014 Venza LE AWD ($31k sticker, $27k actual price paid - $1000 below invoice).

The Venza is SOOOOOO much nicer than the RAV there is simply no comparison.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Good luck and best wishes with your Venzas. And with the Venza one can still get a V6 and 3500 lbs. towing capacity.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good luck, but to each his own. To me, the Venza looks dated, and not nearly as attractive as the RAV. I've sat in one many times (a friends) and have test driven one and with that huge, bulky console, it felt very tight, constricting and uncomfortable in the front. I'm of medium built and it still felt uncomfortable. Not much leg or body room to stretch out, or shift seating positions in the front. It also handled poorly and not nearly as well as the RAV. And quite honestly, in my experience it has a stiff, jittery ride as well, as many reviewers will agree. Visibility isn't as good as the RAV either. Lastly, you'll be taking a 4-5 mpg hit. But, good luck to you anyway, being that you hated the RAV.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Other complaints I had of the Venza: poor quality control. Look at all the gaps on the dash and buttons. Also, check out the speaker grille....it sticks up and is flexible. I love the steering feel on the RAV; the Venza, not so much. The steering on the Venza has poor road feel and is artificially weighted. The ride is pretty damn harsh too. But glad you're happy enough to come here and bash the RAV and tell us you purchased a Venza....in a RAV forum.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good to see Kate still comes around to spread his/her RAV hate.

When we went to Toyota looking at cars we got in a Venza, looked around, looked at each other and got out. No thanks. OP, glad you got a car that you like better.

After 15 months and 12K we still like the RAV just fine. Perfect? Nope. But then we don't need AWD and aren't butt-hurt because we couldn't get a V6 and haul 3500 lbs or pretend it's a sports car.

edit to add: Going new car shopping I really wanted to like the Venza or a Forester but neither one gave my wife or I warm and fuzzies. She really liked this RAV and at the time I didn't find it objectionable. She's still enjoying it and it's grown on me quite a bit. Not every car suits everyone and sometimes you find out after you've bought. My biggest mistake was a new 02 Solara 2.5/5spd, the drive by wire throttle was unmanageable for wife and 16 year old daughter. Traded after an unhappy year. It happens.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Good to see Kate still comes around to spread his/her RAV hate.

Haters gotta hate! ?

Before I got my '09 Highlander I test drove a friend's Venza - did not like it at all. Matter of fact, he doesn't like it either now. Go figure!

The Venza is too 'old farty' for me!?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Glad that you are satisfied, that's all that matters.
And someone else said not every car fits everyone and you find out after you bought it. So true. But you gotta be happy and if you are unhappy with car then get rid of it. Congrats on new ride. I too sort of looked at a venz but optical wise and not looking at official number with seats up it looks like that there is less room than the rav. Dont know for sure, but it looks like it. Someone tell me I am wrong and ok with it. Venz has a big back seat. I would have to drive one. Hey the rav4 isnt the most comfortable car either, but it works for now. No second thoughts or hating it. But there are some issue's i have with it. It works WONDERFULLY for storage for me and have benefit greatly using it for transporting things and on a few long road trips.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I really would like to see them come out with a smaller venz with fold down seat and more modern very style looking leading class small wagon but not a xv or outback looking one. One with a classy look that can haul things but not too tall and not too small. Can that be done? I dont think toyota can do it. Like some have said befor toyota is too conservative. Even the new IM its ok but slighty goofy looking. It has to have some power doesnt have to be v6 but maybe like a 4 cycl. with 200hp. If you need to tow they have plenty of other options in line up. LIke a chevy chevelle ss wagon or a 50's nomad something different not old and fartie. LOL. Just make a great wagon not too look like a outback or xv.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Haters gotta hate! ��

Before I got my '09 Highlander I test drove a friend's Venza - did not like it at all. Matter of fact, he doesn't like it either now. Go figure!

The Venza is too 'old farty' for me!��
I believe the Griswold's drive a Venza (or at least they should) in the new Vacation movie.

OK...a little bit of a stretch, but they do share the same front console:

I kid.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hope he enjoys his new choice and at least it's a Toyota and not a Fo*d :laugh

We don't seem to have that particular model over here in NZ but just looking at pictures I wouldn't swap it for our RAV. We have had ours since June 2014 and we still really love it - quirks and all.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Interestingly, it was the Venza that first drew me to the Toyota brand. I could have lived with one well enough and liked the V6 power, but the wife thought it was too wide, too difficult to park in typical parking stalls and too difficult to see out of. So it was dropped from consideration pretty much immediately. Later on she took a real liking to the RAV and being it was going to be her primary car, here we are.

I just hope that the OP is able to find an appropriate forum in which to discuss and enjoy his new Venza, be happy and generally move on without some unhealthy compulsive need to return here and express unresolved anger and bitterness about a vehicle that for whatever reasons did not ideally meet his needs, like a certain other individual.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited
192 Posts
We loved our Venza, it was an awesome vehicle that drove much better than our Rav does. Not that we don't like the Rav, its just....different.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The Venza has been replaced by the 3rd Gen. Highlander. Look at both vehicles and you'll see what I mean.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts