Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Good day for a RAV4

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RAVN4RED 
#1 ·
Heck of a snow storm. Heat full blast, side mirrors and rear window heaters on, defroster on, FWD locked and TRAC off - and finally out of the driveway! :)

#2 ·
Being originally from the West Coast and then being transplanted to the Midwest including Minnesota for a number of years, now returned to the West Coast, I bequeath every blizzard and snowflake to you! :smile Drive safely, and watch for drivers who don't!

Reactions: pico
#4 ·
Yes, indeed, locked and loaded, it's a confident feeling.

Local newspaper said our snow depth is on par with Minneapolis, BTW, which is unusual for SW Idaho. Schools closed for a few days.I picked a good year to get dedicated snow tires and have pushed them to the max. The RAV has been a beast, busting out of the driveway and through the unplowed subdivisions here. Also it is a night shift vehicle and sat outside overnight in -15F (-26C) a couple of nights during the worst of the storms, and fired right up.

Haven't even had to dig out the 4x4 Chevy pickup, which would have the edge in really deep snow. I'd have to load the bed with a lot of weight to match the traction of the RAV. I'll just let it sleep through this while the RAV rolls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.