Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Helping my mom get a RAV4 with front wheel drive, power liftgate and an MSRP OF $29,033. Metallic gray with black cloth interior.

The price is going to be $29,500 out the door (= $26,899 + TTL) in Northern California.

How'd I do for getting a good price?

Edit: ended up with a slightly different option set on another car for a little less:
2017 RAV4
Front wheel drive
Power lift gate
MSRP $28,846
$26,250 + TTL
$28,813 OTD
(final price actually paid including tax, title, license = out the door)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I did even better (after the first dealer wasn't able to transfer the car from a neighboring dealer):
2017 RAV4 XLE with the following optional equipment:
+Power Liftgate $415.00
+Tonneau Cover $90.00
+Four Season Floor Mat Package $373.00
+Mudguard $129.00
+Rear Bumper Applique $69.00
+Vehicle Base Model $26,830.00
+Delivery Processing and Handling $940.00
=Total MSRP* $28,846.00
Out the door price: $28,731. = $26,250 + TTL

Going to the dealership now and will report back ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealership management was frustrating, the price was right.

Of court the dealership sucked ... Vacaville Toyota in California. They mistakenly included a slightly different zip code which showed a lower out the door price because taxes and fees were lower than they should have been (by $75). Then they miscalculated the fees (add another $7) and didn't tell us about the changes, just said, "and now sign here." $82 higher price than offered but because they emailed me a paper with the wrong zip code and I didn't notice it they said it was my fault. I told them to just give my mom a car for a free oil change or something but they wouldn't budge. It was also the most worn down dealership I've been in: old chairs with their upholstery coming out and broken parts; the oldest coffee vending machine you can imagine that changed small amounts if you wanted anything other than a 6 oz coffee; it goes on. But I honestly don't care about the amenities; the problem was the managers.

The managers (all men) actively distracted our sales person by making her (and female staff) watch funny cat videos on an iPad while in the middle of our purchase. Our purchase that took from 6:15pm to 9:00pm in spite of having agreed on the price and pre-filling the finance forms (at their insistence) which, of course, they then ignored and made us complete a longer loan application which transferred none of the prior application data. I felt bad for the women who were working hard to complete the sale quickly while the men at the managers counter wasted time and blamed me for their mistakes while repeatedly bumping up the price.

However, the price was still excellent so credit where it's due. $28.812.98 out the door = $26,250+TTL on an MSRP of $28,846.

Included 2017 XLE with $1,076 in the following options:
Power lift gate,
rear bumper applique,
all weather mats (not the cargo tray though),
tonneau cover, and
mudguards.

So what should I get for it now? I'm looking at an all weather cargo tray, but what are some common and helpful additional accessories or modifications for this RAV4 (that a 71 year old lady would like)?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got front seat sheepskin cover vests from Amazon for $75 each. Saw these many years ago on a BMW and always wanted them for my future vehicle. Prevents sitting on very hot seats during hot sunny days.

I also got PPF protection (aka clear bra) for bumper, partial hood, headlights, A-pillar, front roof, partial fenders, side mirrors, full door coverage, fuel door and top of rear bumper. Then I installed the side moldings over the PPF myself.

The OEM cargo liner is not bad. Does not have the high lip all around the perimeter like WeatherTech or Husky, but your mom will not need that much spill protection.

I did however get the Husky WeatherBeater floor liners for front and rear over the OEM liners as I read that the OEMs wear out due to "softer" material in the area where your heal rest/digs while driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the following deal on a 2017 RAV4 XLE Hybrid:

MSRP: $29030
Optional Equipment:
Tonneau Cover: $90
All Weather Floor Liners and Cargo Tray: $249
Roof Rack with Cross Bars: $315
Door Edge Guard: $125
Rear Bumper Applique $69
Mudguards: $129
Wheel Locks: $65

TOTAL MSRP: $31012

Price : $26448.08 ($27448.08-$1000 Rebate) + Tax, Tag & Title & PA Doc Fee

NJ Tax: $1921.37
NJ Registration for 4 years (yes 4 years thanks to Chris Christie) and title: $396
Temp tags: $28
PA Doc Fee (since I purchased it in Pennsylvania): $135
Messenger fee $71.65 (I did not care since I negotiated Out the door price)

Final Out the door price: $29000.00

·
Registered
386 Posts
Is the power lift gate option listed as such? Or part of some other package?

When looking at all the XLEs, none of them list the power gate plainly as an option. :confused:

Toyota needs to publish the proper 2017 brochure for the Rav4 options. :mad:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Good thread, I've been keeping an eye on what folks are paying for the 2017s.

...I got front seat sheepskin cover vests from Amazon for $75 each. Saw these many years ago on a BMW and always wanted them for my future vehicle. Prevents sitting on very hot seats during hot sunny days...

After test driving an XLE hybrid, this would be a nice addition to the fabric seats. Quality sheepskin is great in winter and summer, been driving with it in all my vehicles for 20 years. The "vest" is a good look also, IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the following deal on a 2017 RAV4 XLE Hybrid:

MSRP: $29030
Optional Equipment:
Tonneau Cover: $90
All Weather Floor Liners and Cargo Tray: $249
Roof Rack with Cross Bars: $315
Door Edge Guard: $125
Rear Bumper Applique $69
Mudguards: $129
Wheel Locks: $65

TOTAL MSRP: $31012

Price : $26448.08 ($27448.08-$1000 Rebate) + Tax, Tag & Title & PA Doc Fee

NJ Tax: $1921.37
NJ Registration for 4 years (yes 4 years thanks to Chris Christie) and title: $396
Temp tags: $28
PA Doc Fee (since I purchased it in Pennsylvania): $135
Messenger fee $71.65 (I did not care since I negotiated Out the door price)

Final Out the door price: $29000.00
Forgot to mention car had 182 miles on it since it had to be driven from a NY dealer from New Rochelle to Philadelphia. But the the price was good so I did no mind. 26448 for a 31012 MSRP was a great price.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts

When looking at all the XLEs, none of them list the power gate plainly as an option. :confused:

The 2017 Rav4 ebrochure isn't listed on the Toyota website yet, just the 2016, but if you go thru the build process, it shows the power liftgate available as a package option on the XLE and XLE Hybrid.

New Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Hybrids | Toyota Official Site

Toyota PDF Brochure | Download Free PDF Brochures for Toyota Vehicles

·
Registered
428 Posts
I ended up purchasing my 2016 at $1000.00 UNDER dealer invoice through the Costco vehicle purchase program (total of $29070.00 for SE including my options) . After going the rounds with dealers, that was considerably better than I had made it with 2 different dealers. Getting fair trade for my spotless 2009 Venza was a lot of work also, but I managed to get fair trade in the end as well. I suggest anyone that has the possibility to do this to look into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up purchasing my 2016 at $1000.00 UNDER dealer invoice through the Costco vehicle purchase program (total of $29070.00 for SE including my options) . After going the rounds with dealers, that was considerably better than I had made it with 2 different dealers. Getting fair trade for my spotless 2009 Venza was a lot of work also, but I managed to get fair trade in the end as well. I suggest anyone that has the possibility to do this to look into it.
SE Trim in Metallic gray. What options did you get?

·
Registered
2017 Rav4 XLE and 2020 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
58 Posts
Got my 2017 XLE for $27, 950 OTD (with Tax and license included). So Cal.
Options included:
Tonneau Cover
Power lift gate
Carpet floor and cargo mats.

No other dealer was close to beating it or willing to match and all said, its a great deal if I could get it. Most were super thirsty and was telling me it was a bait and switch or only one vehicle and it would be gone by the time I got there. They had 3 I could pick from and 4 miles on the car. They all followed up asking if I was still interested in their deal, I told them I got it. LOL

·
Registered
2017 Rav4 XLE and 2020 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
58 Posts

from the materials I've seen, its listed as an option. It's also listed as an option on the website when you build and on the window sticker.

what marketing material are you referring to?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts