Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang,

anyone know what a good going price is for installing lojack + rs3200+ alarm?

last night, a neighbor's car was stolen. i live in a moderately safe community and our garage is secluded and out of view. so it was strange that a car from this garage was stolen. anyways, the guy's car was parked two spaces next to my rav4 and it was a little TOO CLOSE for comfort.

the wife and i are now considering buying lojack and alarm from our dealership. unfortunately, they were offering 899 (for lojack) and 499 (for alarm!!!!). i know $499 is way too much for the alarm... but combined, do you think i can get away with offering $1000?

·
Registered
656 Posts
The dealer gave us our lowjack for $399. I thought that was a great deal and jumped on it. Plus I get 10% discount on my insurance. Alarm systems are worthless. Don't waste your money on them.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Are you sure the $899 is not the lo jack system with the security system included. I know that Lo Jack make a model that has its own security system in it. You may want to double check with your dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Retail on Lojack was $595 installed when I bought mine. If you believe the dealer, they claim that it has gone up to $695 installed (So. Cal). It certaily is not $899!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RS-3200 for 2006 model

Currently shopping for RAV 4 2006 myself. Haven't priced LoJack yet. In NY city area, full price for dealer installed RS-3200 is $359. Parts for DIYers are available on net for under $300 (retail). However, tried alarm install on current Toyota, full day is needed. Try to get the dealer to drop the price.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid $530 for RS3200 Plus system to install on my rav4 it is very expensive but the dealer didnt reduce the price..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts