Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with a salesman. I tried the edmunds internet thing. 25 minutes after my form was processed, my phone rang!! I have never done this before. Anyway, I told him I wanted the sport model 4x4.. He found one for msrp around 25,900. He asked "what would get my attention?" I said as close to dealer invoice as possible. He thought he could do 24,800 or so. I am looking for around 24,000 or under. He was honest and said it might be better to wait a month or so. I had another dealer tell me the prices were likely to go up!!! I was gald for his honesty. He deals only with internet requests. He took the time to look in the area to see what was out there, and get the options I wanted. Is 24,800 good right now?? Has anyone else been told to wait, that maybe prices will drop??

P

·
0 Posts
Well, Im not getting much better. Im looking for a Base 4x4 4 cyl with $964 in options (invoice prices). My car comes to $21,300 with dest on kbb abd edmunds yet all of the dealers in my area are trying to tell me the invocie price for the vehicle I want is $21,750. What gives?

·
Registered
150 Posts
We managed to get about $1100 off the retail cost of our Limited. We may have gotten a bit more if they didn't have to go out and fetch our vehicle from a different dealership. We found it easier to subtract from retail instead of work from the invoice cost because dealers always throw in those stupid TDA fees and it didnt match the invoice cost on Edmunds.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ordered a 4WD Sport, 4Cyl, Sun Roof, daytime running light, 6 CD Changer, Floor Mats, Wheel Locks, with a MSRP of $25,139, and I have a signed deal for $23,611 (includes transportation), plus they are giving me a trade-in. The dealer added 2% above invoice. The invoice pricing matched what Edmonds had.

I used BJ's, which has an Auto Buying feature. BJ's is similar to Costco (who aren't in this area). I did find that in this area if you take an offer from one dealer to another, they would try to match it or better it.

My dealer is in the process of finding one in the Flint Mica color, so I don't have it yet.

Good Luck.

N

·
0 Posts
I just bought mine yesterday and pick it up tomorrow. Sticker MSRP was 25,732.00. I talked them down to 22,480.00. It has all the normal sport options and also included the remote start. I assume invoice is probably around 20k-21k

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW! That seems like a GREAT price... No one in my area has even come close to that. Hopefully, when I am ready to buy in April, they will come down to that... congrats!

P

·
0 Posts
Nduda,

Please share the dealer name and location. Is that the only option you got?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
purduealum91 said:
Well, Im not getting much better. Im looking for a Base 4x4 4 cyl with $964 in options (invoice prices). My car comes to $21,300 with dest on kbb abd edmunds yet all of the dealers in my area are trying to tell me the invocie price for the vehicle I want is $21,750. What gives?
You are forgeting about the Toyota advertising charge, which is about $500, Edmunds and KBB's invoice price do not include that.

N

·
0 Posts
ok. I bought mine from Ira Toyota in Middleton, MA , actually it may have been Danvers, MA (right on the border)

here is what I bought (i have the big sticket they put on the pass. window in front of me)

2006 RAV4 4-Door Sport 4x4 SUV
Super White
2.5 cyl, 4speed....yada yada....insert all normal stock Sport stuff here.

Optional Equiptment:
Federal Emissions
Am/FM 6disc in dash CD changer w 6 speaker and MP#/WMA playback
power tilt/slide moonroos w/ sunshade
Carpeted Floor Mats
Rear Bumper Applique (I assume thats the wheel cover piece)
Remote Start
Wheel Locls

I'm happy to scan the sticker price and my purcahse price if it helps.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
very cool. Actually the rear bumper applique is the clear stick on piece that is on top of the rear bumper that protects the bumper paint from damage if you drag something out of the back onto the top of the rear bumper. :)

How do you like the remote start??

nduda78 said:
ok. I bought mine from Ira Toyota in Middleton, MA , actually it may have been Danvers, MA (right on the border)

here is what I bought (i have the big sticket they put on the pass. window in front of me)

2006 RAV4 4-Door Sport 4x4 SUV
Super White
2.5 cyl, 4speed....yada yada....insert all normal stock Sport stuff here.

Optional Equiptment:
Federal Emissions
Am/FM 6disc in dash CD changer w 6 speaker and MP#/WMA playback
power tilt/slide moonroos w/ sunshade
Carpeted Floor Mats
Rear Bumper Applique (I assume thats the wheel cover piece)
Remote Start
Wheel Locls

I'm happy to scan the sticker price and my purcahse price if it helps.

N

·
0 Posts
I havent got the rav4 yet. I just bought it last night and pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
nduda78

How much did you paid? I live in Massachusetts as well, I found Ira Toyota hard to deal with. I just bought a 06 RAV4, exact same options as you plus the auto dimming mirror and winter mats. I also had the dealer install the VIP RS3200 security system from Toyota for $500. I bought it from Clair Toyota for about $150 over invoice. Which I thought was a very good deal.

N

·
0 Posts
I paid 22.4k when all done on a msrp 25.7k price. Ira was ok to deal with...as in they were not pushy pushy. I just had to stay 100% firm with them on my price and they took it.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Re: nduda78

what do you think of the security system? I was thinking of gettin it for ours. Do the doors automatically lock on startup??

The G Man said:
How much did you paid? I live in Massachusetts as well, I found Ira Toyota hard to deal with. I just bought a 06 RAV4, exact same options as you plus the auto dimming mirror and winter mats. I also had the dealer install the VIP RS3200 security system from Toyota for $500. I bought it from Clair Toyota for about $150 over invoice. Which I thought was a very good deal.

N

·
0 Posts
blah, i was off by 400, still minor...22.8k

Cellphone pics from my desk here. I think 22.8 is still a good price from the msrp of 25.7....didnt have to haggle much.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
nduda78,
Sounds like I paid about the same as you, mine cost $450 more which is probably because of the auto dimming mirror and the winter mats. Glad to hear you had a good experience at Ira. I shop there about 3 years ago and had a terrible experience, maybe I just had a bad salesman.

flyingn,
The Toyota VIP RS3200 security system works great. As far as I know, the auto locking system will lock the doors after 30 seconds and activate the alarm system if you forget to lock the car doors. It will not lock the doors automatically if you put the vehicle in drive or reverse, that is a function of the on-board computer. The RAV4 do not have that function as far as I know.
I bought the Toyota VIP RS3200 security system instead of the after market version because I didn't want to carry another key fob around, plus I would have to carry that bulky OEM key too. The only system out there that can utilitize the OEM key fob is the Viper keyless entry security system. It monitors for the interior lights to come on and sounds the alarm accordingly, not a very good system in my opinion, lots of ways for a thief to get around it. The Viper system cost $520 to install, which is about the same as the Toyota RS3200. The OEM alarm system also gives you a cleaner look. The red LED light and the sound sensors are mounted on a pop-out panel on the left side of the dash. If you have the immobilizer system, the immobilizer light will blink in the instrument panel instead of a red LED.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts