Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an extended warranty from Toyota of Greenfield (MA) for significantly cheaper than I've seen it elsewhere. Guy's name there is Troy Dietrich. I'm not affiliated with Toyota or this dealership at all, just wanted to let you know that the guy offers very good prices on a warranty. You don't have to buy the car there to get the warranty from him. He's at 413-772-0231.

I got a 7/100 0-ded warranty from him for $805. Got the Toyota Financial Services packet today. Seemed pretty hassle free to me.

Any others bought a warranty from this dealer?

B

·
0 Posts
:D That's a great deal!!! OC would rather see you invest in mutual funds... but I think you did ok! :wink:

R

·
0 Posts
I saw Troy's post a while back and I was considering it. I don't have my RAV yet though and I wanted to check with our dealer to see what they're charging for the same warranty. If our dealer charges too much, I'll go with Troy.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Yep, purduealum posted about Troy's deal originally -- MSRP for that package is $1300... :shock:

M

·
0 Posts
How does it work if you want to buy the warranty from another dealer? For instance, can I buy this from Troy being that I'm in Hawaii? The price for the extended warranty through my dealer was $1850!!! Would I be able to buy this from some other dealer and potentially use it here?

P

·
0 Posts
Joshi, did you not see my post from earlier

like a month ago? We have known about this for some time. Congrats on getting in on this deal. Troy is great!

·
Registered
149 Posts
You should also be able to negotiate the price with your dealer. I think this is such a high profit item for dealers that they don't want to let it go through another dealership. I got the price from Troy and asked my dealer to match. Sure enough, they matched the price.

R

·
0 Posts
As much as I dislike the idea of being "sold" any extras by the finance guy, I grudgingly agreed the extended warranty was a good idea. Especially being the first year after a redesign. When they told me I was getting a deeply discounted price, I thought, "Yeah, right." If we are talking about he same warranty, they were tellling the truth. Got the warranty extended to 7 yrs total for $545.

He said he only gets $20 for talking me into it. My salesman had previously told me their commission is based on units sold and not how much money they make on each one. Maybe similar situation with finance extras. So they sell as cheap as possible to maximize the number of takers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It depends on how many miles you got and what hte deductible is. There are a number of 7yr plans.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Alright.. Anyone have a link to what is covered by the extended warranty..?.. I am thinking about it and kinda torn.. Extended warranty from Troy @ 805 or put the money away somewhere and hope the repair isn't too much over that? heh..

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Everything is covered by the extended warranty except for the wear and tear items such as tires, brake, belts, oil changes or wiper blades.

B

·
0 Posts
Here's a tip from your favorite dealer....

Be careful!!! Make sure you are getting the PLATINUM EXTRA CARE plan.... there are a lot of plans out there , but the one I've just mentioned is the true extension of the bumper to bumper 3 yr/36k warranty..... watch out for extended powertrain warranties!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thank you "favorite internet dealer"!!!.. ;)

All the help you provide is greatly appreciated around here.. Thanks for taking the time.. :)

K

·
0 Posts
Yes, Troy is still offering it for $805 (7/100k plan). I'm thinking of getting one from him as well.
I've requested Troy to send me a copy of the full details of the coverage so I can find out
what I'm potentially buying. If anybody already have the PDF files, do you mind sharing with us who
are thinking about getting it.

Is anybody familiar with Warranty Direct? Their plan covers parts, labor and sales tax for covered failures.
Damage due to over heating and "wear-and-tear" for seals and gaskets are all covered. Are any of
these included in Toyota's Platinum Extra Care Plan?

·
Registered
132 Posts
What isn't covered

According to Toyota's web site, the Platinum covers everything except:

Accessory Drive Belts

Batteries

Body Panels

Brake Linings, Pads and Shoes

Bumpers

Carpet

Chrome

Clutch Friction Disk and Pressure Plate

Dash Cover and Pad

Door Trim, Handles and Fabric

Filters

Fluids

Glass (including Windshield)

Headliner

Heating Hoses, Lines and Tubes

Hinges

Hybrid System Main Relays

Hybrid Vehicle Battery

Hybrid Vehicle Battery Module/Pack

Hoses

Interior and Exterior Trim Moldings, including but not limited to, Cup Holders, Ashtrays, Covers, and Vents

Lamps

Light Bulbs

Nuts, Bolts, Clips, Retainers and Fasteners

Paint

Rotors and Drums

Rust and Corrosion Damage

Seat Covers

Service Plug

Shiny Metals

Spark Plugs

Structural Framework and Wells

Tires

Vacuum Hoses, Lines and Tubes

Weather Stripping

Wheels and Rims

Windshield Wiper Blades (Rubber Component)

·
Registered
229 Posts
:shock:

Well you break it down like that and it seems that it does not cover much!.. :lol:

Haha.. Naaa.. Platinum seems like a good deal, especially for only $805!!

R

·
0 Posts
Had no idea there were so many options. The one I got for $545 was explained as bascially extending the factory warranty to 7 years. Don't recall how many miles. Definitely was bumper to bumper with $0 deductible.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts