Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I got an LE AWD about 10 days ago. So far, I've put a hitch on it, a leather steering wrap and put tint on the top of the windshield. Still shopping for a cargo cover and possibly the Hamic style cargo net and that will be it for my personalizations. So far, I love the car and the build quality.

DanF

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome. Question. Which hitch did you install? Was it hard?

I just ordered the CURT 13149 hitch. Should be here by the end of the week or early next week.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Welcome. Question. Which hitch did you install? Was it hard?

I just ordered the CURT 13149 hitch. Should be here by the end of the week or early next week.
Curt hitches are about all we see around here. I think our Toyota dealers offer them as the less expensive alternative to OEM. Nobody complains.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the Curt class III hitch. It was very, very easy. You have to remove a plastic underbody tray that is held on by three little plastic clips, then remove the stock tiedown which is just two bolts. Then the hitch bolts up with four supplied bolts in pre-existing holes. It's nice if you have a torque wrench. It took me about half an hour to do.

DanF

·
Registered
72 Posts
Curt hitches are about all we see around here. I think our Toyota dealers offer them as the less expensive alternative to OEM. Nobody complains.
Yeah, the dealer quoted something over $500 for their hitch. I laughed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I installed the Curt class III hitch. It was very, very easy. You have to remove a plastic underbody tray that is held on by three little plastic clips, then remove the stock tiedown which is just two bolts. Then the hitch bolts up with four supplied bolts in pre-existing holes. It's nice if you have a torque wrench. It took me about half an hour to do.

DanF

Sounds good. I installed a Curt hitch on my wife's Nissan Rogue. The hardest part was holding the hitch up while I bolt one side. Hopefully this one will be just as easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts